NAS
DS1521
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I have setup the ds note in my iPhone for a few years, somehow, it stop syncing for some time, when I login and want to sync it back, it erase all my notes !!! which includes all my important information.

I have restore my iPhone from icloud backup, but when I open dsnote app, it ask for login.

I wonder if I login again, it will erase my note again, please help. is there any tricks to login the apps locally?

thanks

I have setup the ds note in my iPhone for a few years, somehow, it stop syncing for some time, when I login and want to sync it back, it erase all my notes !!! which includes all my important information.

I have restore my iPhone from icloud backup, but when I open dsnote app, it ask for login.

I wonder if I login again, it will erase my note again, please help. is there any tricks to login the apps locally?

thanks
Best to log into your Note Station on the NAS, check the status there and back it up using hyper backup before doing anything else.

I have login my Note Station, they have no note, I guess may be it lost during upgrade to DSM7, just wonder if I can use the local copy in my iphone to sync it back to synology

seems to be:
1. you have lost adapter for internal Syno PostgreSQL. The Adapter for PostgreSQL allows applications to access PostgreSQL data sources. The adapter converts application requests into PostgreSQL calls and returns optimized answer sets to the requesting application.

or

2. you have lost entire internal PostgreSQL - no way to repair it. Only by backup.

in case of point 1. you need check if you can find “pgsql” here:
Bash:
ll /volume1/@database

- when you can see the pgsql in the DB list, try to start the Adapter by:
Bash:
sudo synoservice --start pgsql
synoservice --start synoindexd
now check the DS Note.

- ONLY when you can’t see the pgsql in the DB list, try to create the Adapter:
Bash:
sudo mkdir /volume1/@database/pgsql
sudo chown postgres.postgres /volume1/@database/pgsql
and again try to start the services by:
Bash:
Check the DS Note

What is file size here:

bqdIIyr.png

seems to be:
1. you have lost adapter for internal Syno PostgreSQL. The Adapter for PostgreSQL allows applications to access PostgreSQL data sources. The adapter converts application requests into PostgreSQL calls and returns optimized answer sets to the requesting application.

or

2. you have lost entire internal PostgreSQL - no way to repair it. Only by backup.

in case of point 1. you need check if you can find “pgsql” here:
Bash:
ll /volume1/@database

- when you can see the pgsql in the DB list, try to start the Adapter by:
Bash:
now check the DS Note.

- ONLY when you can’t see the pgsql in the DB list, try to create the Adapter:
Bash:
sudo mkdir /volume1/@database/pgsql
sudo chown postgres.postgres /volume1/@database/pgsql
and again try to start the services by:
Bash:
Check the DS Note

seems like it is not the cause, because I have a few account have notes, only one of them which outsync for a while happens....
-- post merged: --

What is file size here:

bqdIIyr.png
I don't have the db folder here? how come....
-- post merged: --

Have you tried restoring Note Station on the NAS from Hyper Backup? If you go backwards from the latest (pre-DSM 7) through older versions you may find there is a point that the notes are recovered.
what should I restore from the hyperbackup?

some breakthrough, I am able to extract the syncQueue.sqlite from the itune backup, anyone have idea how can I restore it?

@kookaburra couldn't you restore Note Station on the NAS from your Hyper Backup data?

If you have found a SQLite database that has recognisable data not matter if it's directly usable by Note Station or mobile app, what I'd look at doing is opening a copy of this database on Mac. A couple of ways to open the database:
  1. From Terminal you can use sqlite3 syncQueue.sqlite
  2. Using DB Browser for SQLite from here DB Browser for SQLite
If using Terminal there are a few useful commands:
.headers on to show the column names when listing out selected data from tables.
.tables to list the tables in the database.
select * from <table name>; lists out all the data in columns for the requested <table name>.
.exit to end the sqlite3 session.

At worse, if there's useful data here, you can copy out the note text.

yes, it is the right account, I use ds note on iphone, however, It is outsync, which means it is not connected, and stay at cache login mode for I don't know how long....
when I discover that, I tried to login again, but the note station has 0 note (I guess it is because of the DSM7 upgrade), the server side "push" back to my iphone and erase everything.

I have backup for a few directory, but I don't think it includes the note station database.

I have backup for a few directory, but I don't think it includes the note station database.
Do you use Hyper Backup? It backs up packages and their data, whichever you've selected, along with the DSM configuration and selected shared folders. Maybe check what you selected to back up?

You could open a support ticket with Synology. It's a long shot but they may be able to find something.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.