Unable to access Synology

Currently reading
Unable to access Synology

NAS
DS3622xs+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Hi ,

Not sure if this is the right place to post, I have an issue I hope someone can help me with.
My issue is I have a PC that has an IP 192.168.170.x my NAS is on an IP of 192.168.150.x.
My PC can ping another PC which has a 192.168.150.x IP and can remote in to it and vice versa.
However I can not seem to access the NAS from the 192.168.170.x IP.

I have attached an image of the error I get when I diagnose from the PC I am using on the 192.168.170.x

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 21
Welcome to the forum.

By default, this is expected. 150 and 170 are two separate subnets. Your router will not be able to route traffic with a custom defined static route between these two subnet.

You say you can access another pc on a separate subnet, does that mean you have a custom route for it?

Upvote 0
Could be that the 2 PCs are on /16 subnets, and the NAS is on a /24...?

OP, is there a reason why your devices are on the IP ranges you've described? If there isn't, then the usual way of doing this (assuming you're a home user on a simple LAN and not a lerge business) is to have all your devices on a single subnet, eg 192.168.150.x. IOW, change the PC that uses a .170.x address to a 150.x address.

This way, all your devices are on the same subnet and will be able to talk to each other without any complicated stuff like routing needing to occur.

If there is a reason they're using such a scheme, then you need to get involved with more complicated solutions and we will need far more details of your network topology before a solution can be suggested.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Old thread notice: There have been no replies in this thread for quite some time. The last reply was on .
The content in this thread may no longer be relevant. It might be better to open a new thread instead.