Currently reading
Unable to connect to HyperBackup Vault since DSM7

NAS
DS220+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi everyone. I have a DS220+ and my mom has a DS120+. I had our NAS's performing backups nightly to each others NAS's flawlessly for several months. I upgraded this week to DSM7 and I can no longer connect to my vault on her NAS. So i deleted the backup task from my DS220+ and now can no longer even connect to her NAS.

She has an RTAC68U router. ive assigned her NAS a static IP and have forwarded port 6281 to said IP. I can connect remotely to her NAS using QuickConnect.

From my NAS I go to HyperBackup -> Remote NAS Device -> I enter her IP or QuickConnect ID or [NAS].synology.me, but when i hit the [Log In] button it just spins "loading" for a few minutes and doesnt prompt me to enter the username/password.

Any suggestions?

I had a similar situation, but didn't checked to see if it was resolved before upgrading the destination NAS.

I loaded DSM 7 Beta on my oldest NAS, a DS215j, which had a HB task to the DS218+ (running DSM6) and it's HB Vault. This no longer worked and I had to recreate the task using an rsync server type then re-linked to the vault's folder. Downside is that HB Vault doesn't list this task.

You've reminded me to check the task and recreate it to work with HB Vault now that both these NAS are on DSM 7.

Interestingly, DSM 6 HB source to DSM 7 HB Vault destination tasks are still working for me.

OK. I had the same issue with trying to add the new HB 'Sysnology' task: DSM 7 to DSM 7.

I'm using Mac Big Sur and Safari web browser. I wondered if there was a privacy/security blocker in Safari. Anyway there was a problem here in that Safari can block opening new windows/tabs if it thinks there's a problem and it doesn't like certificate mis-matches that don't have authorised exceptions.

I see an icon I've never seen before, open blocked websites, clicked that and a load of windows open from when I tried to use DSM's CMS to open sessions on the two older NAS. I then tried to 'Login' on the HB task and this opens a new DSM web window for the target NAS and I can log in username > password > close window > back to source DSM and complete the task setup.

One annoyance was that it wouldn't let me re-link to the rsync task's vault as a Synology server task. So I have to create this from new. Not a problem as it's a small task.

OK. I had the same issue with trying to add the new HB 'Sysnology' task: DSM 7 to DSM 7.

I'm using Mac Big Sur and Safari web browser. I wondered if there was a privacy/security blocker in Safari. Anyway there was a problem here in that Safari can block opening new windows/tabs if it thinks there's a problem and it doesn't like certificate mis-matches that don't have authorised exceptions.

I see an icon I've never seen before, open blocked websites, clicked that and a load of windows open from when I tried to use DSM's CMS to open sessions on the two older NAS. I then tried to 'Login' on the HB task and this opens a new DSM web window for the target NAS and I can log in username > password > close window > back to source DSM and complete the task setup.

One annoyance was that it wouldn't let me re-link to the rsync task's vault as a Synology server task. So I have to create this from new. Not a problem as it's a small task.
hmm does this happen if you activate "Disable Cross-Origin Restrictions (CORS) in the Safari Developer menu?

Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 19.37.27.png

Considering that I am not on DSM7 final on any of my current devices (some cant get it yet, others are still pending for other reasons), I haven't been able to test this on my end.

hmm does this happen if you activate "Disable Cross-Origin Restrictions (CORS) in the Safari Developer menu?
I'll have to wait until next time as this is now working in Safari. It's not disabled at the moment. But sounds this could be the reason. Looks like other web browsers have a similar mechanism. And Synology has a poor implementation in HB for logging into other NAS.

A similar thing has happened before when trying to authorised purchasing Synology licences (exFAT in DSM 6, SRM VPN Plus) and that tried to open a window to a different site. Forget the setting in Safari that had to be disabled to allow that to work. Not the same thing but equally annoying.

Forget the setting in Safari that had to be disabled to allow that to work. Not the same thing but equally annoying.
You are correct. I had to disable exactly cors when I was configuring vpn licenses. So looks like this will be the same thing.

Hi there, did this solve the non existent HB login dialog box? I believe at my end we are running the latest HB and DSM, and at latest try its still not working for me.

I’m working remotely on an iPad using safari, logged into DSM desktop mode.…

Cheers

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.