Unable to Deactivate this drive because SSD Cache 1 has reached its maximum drive fault tolerance

Currently reading
Unable to Deactivate this drive because SSD Cache 1 has reached its maximum drive fault tolerance

Status
Not open for further replies.
The final post in this thread is the exact same issue I have, but I've not found a solution.

Synology DS920+, with 2 NVME m.2 SSDs. It's been working perfectly fine for the last year. Then I performed the following steps:

1. Widget gives System Health warning - go to Storage Manager for more information
2. Storage Manager - SSD Cache 1 - Warning Not the latest version. I/O acceleration Disabled... now you can choose to repair or remove the cache
3. Storage Manager HDD/SSD : SSD Displays Green Tick "Normal"
4. Storage Manager : Action > Deactivate (to remove and repair etc) Message:

"Unable to Deactivate this drive because SSD Cache 1 has reached its maximum drive fault tolerance. Deactivating the Drive will cause SSD Cache 1 to crash."

From that I understood that the SSD should be removed and reinstated with the 7.1 format, but that action appears blocked.
Gasp ! Seems a circular problem? No sure of a solution. The system is still working OK without the SSD Cache routine, as I only have 1 SSD active now.

The issue is that I cannot do ANYTHING with the deactivated SSD. Cannot activate, repair SSD cache, or create
"Cannot perform this action. No drives are available or meet the requirements."

I check the requirements, and of course it fulfills all of them. But states the reason I cannot operate on it is because the drive is deactivated. Of course this happens right after the 7.1 update, where Synology restricts which drives you can use. So drives which were fully functioning now no longer work. The last Synology device I purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.