Unable to open the attachements

Currently reading
Unable to open the attachements

Synology calendar offers an attachment feature. However, I could not open it after I attached a PDF and jpg to an event I created in the Calendar. When I tried to open it, a popup window showed up (see attached screenshot).

CaptureA.JPG

First, there is no connection issue in my home network. Second, I noticed from the URL that the Calendar was trying to open the PDF file with SYNO.SDS.PDFViewer. Since I already installed Document Viewer, when I try to install the PDF Viewer, an error pops up saying there is a conflict with Document Viewer (see the second screenshot).
SYNO.SDS.PDFViewer.Application&SynoToken=

CaptureB.JPG

If I try to open a jpg file, the browser shows a "403" error.

Please help.
Thanks

The reason I keep DocViewer because I use it to open MS Office and OpenOffice docs.

And the Calendar seems hardcoded to use PDF Viewer to open PDF docs, based on the URL that I posted in the initial post. Would be possible to change it by configuration?

Upvote 0
If I try to open a jpg file, the browser shows a "403" error.
I don't think these issues are becasue of the conflict. You can have PDF and Doc at the same time because the Cal app uses the built in one anyways.

So the question is why are you getting 403 error, or system busy one.

Can you log into your nas via ssh and check the /var/logs/messages file for more details?

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back