Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited:
Hi.

Storage Manager > Storage Pool 1 > Schedule Data Scrubbing

Unlike described here, I am unable to select a date for Data Scrubbing.
It starts right away when I Save the window, and repeats according selected frequency.
I'm not able to set the time for the next Data Scrubbing unlike mentioned in the KB.

Can someone confirm this?

It's presently running since I enabled it, but I'd like to trigger it only 01.01.2023 01:00.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Capture.PNG

There is no control to set/change the date/time.
Do you have the possibility to set/change the date/time?
If yes, could you send a screenshot in return.

On top, if it's running, I can't even see a possibility to cancel it.

Thanks,

View attachment 10155
There is no control to set/change the date/time.
Do you have the possibility to set/change the date/time?
If yes, could you send a screenshot in return.

On top, if it's running, I can't even see a possibility to cancel it.

Thanks,

Correct I don’t see an option to set a date/time. It will just run 6 months after it was last scanned.

Is it possible that you are unable to change the date and time because the scrubbing is now running? What happens if you let the scrub run to completion? Can you then change the date and time?

I checked on my end, I’ve been scrubbing since I got my nas, I see no way of scheduling a specific date.

Is it possible that you are unable to change the date and time because the scrubbing is now running? What happens if you let the scrub run to completion? Can you then change the date and time?
Very good point. That's what I thought as well, so I waited until finished (5 days) and was then trying to figure out how to change date/time. The result was that some of my action triggered the scrubbing without any possibility to stop. I'll try again after it's finished (some more 2-3 days) and feedback.

How does it look at your end? Can you schedule and/or interrupt scrubbing?
Which DSM do you use?

I'm still on DSM 6. I've had to interrupt scrubbing to restart the NAS in the past. Never an issue.
Would you mind sending me a screenshot how your scrubbing DSM 6 user interface looks like?
A restart should not be the right way to stop task.
Strange that DSM doesn't provide an option for this-

Last edited:
Many thanks! You can select the date, no time. Perfect. Exactly what I would have expected. I get in touch w/ Synology Support.

Synology support confirmed. You cannot set a date for a scheduled data scrubbing run. Only a day/hours grid filter is possible. Data scrubbing starts immediately when the dialog is saved.

Also, scheduled data scrubbing can only be interrupted by removing the schedule. A Cancel button is not provided. manual data scrubbing provides this Cancel feature.

I placed a feature request.

Hello.
I have 2 feature requests regarding data scrubbing (DSM 7.1)
1. Scheduled data scrubbing (as opposed to manual data scrubbing) cannot be cancelled. Please implement this feature.
2. Unlike the Synology KB states, I cannot schedule a date (date, not day) for a scheduled data scrubbing. It starts right away and repeats according frequency setting. Please add this feature as well.
Many thanks

Hmm, another feature victim of DSM7, I never looked when I was running DSM6, but as the OP has stated, no date/time option for scrubbing in DSM7

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.