Unable to update. "This file may have been corrupted." [nubie]

NAS
RS10613xs+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi,
I'm just getting started for the first time with an NAS. I inherited a RS10613xs+ :cool:
Trying to update the OS manually but getting the error "This file may have been corrupted." See screenshot.
Is there a procedure or list somewhere to track down the problem?
THAAANKS!!!

1688150992681.png

1. Are you sure the file is not corrupted?
2. Which DSM version are you updating from (there is a required sequence)?
3. Have you tried updating from the DSM Update instance in Control Panel?
Thanks for straightening me out. I'm on the road to OS updates now.
1. Should I expect files to be corrupted when downloaded to my windows 11 computer on high speed connection? I downloaded the file three times and tried each file just twice.
2. Currently on DSM 6.2-24922. Control Panel > Update... (Status: your DSM version is up to date)
Download Center Search results for: RS10613xs+ ahhh... I missed the required sequence of patches.
3. yes here right?
1688158407803.png

That's a start ... But instead go to the downloads page for your unit and enter your starting DSM version and the version you wish to attain and it will map out the required update sequence while providing links to each update step.

But wait! After installing 7.0.1-42218 and trying to start 7.1.1-42962 (with Update 1)
Due to changes...Please install Surveillance station 9.0.1 - 7673 or above Before updating.
Did so but unable to log in with it:
1688160096010.png

That's a start ... But instead go to the downloads page for your unit and enter your starting DSM version and the version you wish to attain and it will map out the required update sequence while providing links to each update step.
Thanks for the help!!!
  • I manually installed 7.0.1-42218, the first in the sequence & started the second 7.1.1-42962 (with Update 1)
  • That install was stopped in the control panel and I got a message saying:
    • Due to changes...Please install Surveillance Station 9.0.1 - 7673 or above before updating.
    • Downloaded this from the Download Center and installed it on my windows computer
      • But unable to log in Surveillance Station. The ways I understand to login are rejected.
      • Screenshot of one of several login error messages above and another below where I just put the IP:)5000 appended when I try to login) and my sever user name and password
      • 1688236371365.png
  • So, the RS10613xs+ is currently running DSM 7.0-42218

Thanks for the help Telos. FOR POSTERITY: I searched a bit more and found best practice for updating to SurveillanceStation/9.0.1-7673
1. go to Download Center | Synology Inc. > select your system > Packages Tab > SS > Download
1689091944252.png

2. go to Control Panel > Package Center > Manual Install > SS
3. Then to complete updating the OS: Control Panel > Update & Restore > Manuall Install > the OS you have downloaded

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Old thread notice: There have been no replies in this thread for quite some time. The last reply was on .
The content in this thread may no longer be relevant. It might be better to open a new thread instead.