DSM 7.1 Unable to use Hyper Backup to rsync to a server

NAS
DS923+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I bought some storage in a server to use Hyper Backup to drop my offsite backup in. However, I have not been able to make it work.

I can SSH into the remote server just fine. I can also set up rsync to a local Raspberry Pi, but for some reason I cannot make Hyper Backup's rsync option work with this server. I have a test account in another server of the same provider and it will not work either.

I logged into my Synology via SSH and was able to successfully use rsync manually to upload files into the same remote server. So I've established that there are no connection issues. It seems to be something that the GUI of Hyper Backup is doing incorrectly during set up, but not quite sure how to fix it?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Old thread notice: There have been no replies in this thread for quite some time. The last reply was on .
The content in this thread may no longer be relevant. It might be better to open a new thread instead.