NAS
DS214,DS720+,DS1621+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi,
i have VMM running inside a 3 node cluster. Two of the nodes have 10GB/s bonded to an 1GB/s port. Seems not a good idea.
I want to unbond this config, but i get always messages saying that i can't do anything as long as VMM is running or even installed.

Does someone already had such a config or even was able to unbond without uninstalling vmm and/or open-vswitch ?

Thanks in advance,

mholux

Hi Rusty,
made what you proposed and i am one step further. Now when trying to delete the bond i get a message that MailPlus server is using the bond. I stopped MailPlus server but still the same message. Now it seems no more a VMM problem but a network problem/feature.
MHO

Upvote 0
Hi Rusty,
made what you proposed and i am one step further. Now when trying to delete the bond i get a message that MailPlus server is using the bond. I stopped MailPlus server but still the same message. Now it seems no more a VMM problem but a network problem/feature.
MHO
This is something you could try. Prioritize a non-bond interface on the DSM level and then see if this will make Mailplus jump from your bond to another interface allowing you to break it.

Haven't tried it because I don't use mail plus and never had a bond configuration such as yours.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back