Unifi Cloud Key Gen 2 Plus worth it for 2 AP's and 2 camera's

NAS
DS1515+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I move to a new appartment in 2 months and was thinking of getting a Unifi PoE switch, 2 U6 AP's and 2 G4 Domes. I also have a Synology DS2118+, so I can run the Unifi Controller in a docker and use Surveillance Station for the cameras. I have my own firewall.

Is it worth is to buy a Unifi Cloud Key Gen2 Plus for this small setup? Or should I ditch the Unifi cameras and replace them with another brand to use on the Surveillance Station.

If I don't use a cloud key, and use Surveillance Station, should I buy different brand cameras or would those G4 Domes still be adequate, dispite not using Unifi Protect?

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.