DSM 7.0 Universal Search ... no end in sight?

Currently reading
DSM 7.0 Universal Search ... no end in sight?

NAS
DS220+, DSM v. 7.0-41890, 6 GB memory, 2 x ironwolf 4 TB 3.5" SATA NAS hard drives
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Last edited:
Hello. I kicked off the indexing of one shared folder with 35 GB of data over 4 days and 9 hours ago. I did enable advanced file content search.

Should it be finished by now? How can I check the status? Is it possible to abort, and maybe start the process over?

Solution
Update: I deleted the index that was stuck, powered off the SAN and created a new index for the same shared folder. It was finished within 10-20 minutes.
After six days, still not finished. So, I deleted the index for the shared folder in question. Will reboot the NAS and start again.... Surely something got stuck... Is ther ereally no way to verify the status of a running indexing process?

Upvote 0
Update: I deleted the index that was stuck, powered off the SAN and created a new index for the same shared folder. It was finished within 10-20 minutes.

Upvote 0
Solution
Since 3 weeks DSM suddenly stops indexing with memory problems (Unable to continue indexing due to low memory. Please close other running applications to release memory and continue indexing.). As far as I know I didn't change anything. What's the best method to stop indexing or an other way to prevent this problem?

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.