Currently reading
Universal Search stuck...

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I've been prompted that there is an update for Office 365 backup, no problems there, but it says it needs me to run Universal Search before I can do the package update.

However when I look to run Universal Search is sticks at 'Starting' and does not fully run.

Any ideas how I can get this sorted out (hopefully without rebooting the NAS).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-25 at 14.47.26.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-25 at 14.47.26.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 30
I don't use Office 365 backup, but I cannot fathom why Universal Search would need to be run. This isn't mentioned n the Knowledge Base. You can uninstall US by SSH
Code:
sudo synopkg uninstall SynoFinder

Or "stop"
Code:
sudo synopkg stop SynoFinder

or this.

Sorry it's Active Backup for Microsoft 365 I'm looking to update.

1601112764701.png

Okay so I've enabled SSH and looked to stop the Syno Finder which took a long time then hit me with a failed to shop message 'Failed to stop package 275', I then decided to look to uninstall it, and I get: 'Failed to uninstall package: SynoFinder, 268'.
Right while typing this up it did eventually stop, so I'm trying to run it again. Still spinning saying Starting / Loading. Eventually it stops saying 'Another package is being configured, installed, or retired. Please try again later.' Okay decided to stop the Active Backup for Microsoft 365 package as this was still running. I get a backup failed message.
Argh..... it fails to stop and I get 'Another package is being configured, installed, or retired. Please try again later.' One more try at stopping it..... 'Another package is being configured, installed, or retired. Please try again later.'

Shriek!

Another go at uninstalling the Universal search...... 'Failed to uninstall package: SynoFinder, 268'.

Shriek x 2!

Any ideas where to go from here guys? Turn off / on again time then start again?

And in the middle of this the Brave browser refuses to see the NAS Web UI so I've had to switch to Safari!

I did in the end. Update universal search. Ended up removing the Office backup as after upgrading it needed setting up again. Decided to trust MS data centres :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.