Updating Docker memcached Container

Currently reading
Updating Docker memcached Container

NAS
DS4l8play, DS202j, DS3623xs+, DSM 7.3.3-25847
I run a memcached container as part of a stack. When an image update is available, Portainer is unable to update the container.

I've tried this both by stopping the stack, and using the Editor/Update button, as well as using the container Recreate button.

The only thing that seems to work is stopping the stack, and manually deleting the memcached image, then restarting the stack/

So it seems that another container in the stack is attaching to the memcached image, and not releasing it. I've added "depends on:" to the other container, thinking that it would wait for the memcached update to complete and run, but that has no effect.

What have I overlooked? Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.