Updating DSM 6.x to DSM 7.x via QuickConnect

Currently reading
Updating DSM 6.x to DSM 7.x via QuickConnect

D

Deleted member 673

Last edited by a moderator:
I am preparing to update a remote DS420+ via QuickConnect as described in the question above. During the update process, the message below is displayed. I've looked at the Privacy Statement link, searched around for other help; but don't understand what needs to be done, here - or if it can be done at all, remotely. Or does the installation process take care of passing the certificate. Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 11.35.52 AM.png

I am preparing to update a remote DS420+ via QuickConnect as described in the question above. During the update process, the message below is displayed. I've looked at the Privacy Statement link, searched around for other help; but don't understand what needs to be done, here - or if it can be done at all, remotely. Or does the installation process take care of passing the certificate. Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

View attachment 12107

I think what happens is that a lets encrypt certificate is automatically added to security certificates. I stopped using quick connect in favor of a ddns domain name and reverse proxy. When I run a vdsm, for testing new versions of dsm, I would run that using a quick connect, I then would see that quick connect added to the security certs. Not entirely too sure if this is what that message means.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency and help users, that helped you, to get a badge.