Updating to DSM 6.2.4-25556

NAS
DS118
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I'm about to update my DS118 firmware from DSM 6.2.3-25426 to DSM 6.2.4-25556. The new firmware requires an 8 character quick connect password but my existing NAS has the older 6 character quick connect password. I cant find anywhere to change the password before updating it.

Anybody know how I can do this?

Thanks. I saw that but wanted to confirm before I messed anything up!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

D
  • Question
I think what happens is that a lets encrypt certificate is automatically added to security certificates. I...
Replies
Views
Watchtower but manually. Edit: maybe this is not what you’re after and I’m thinking containers not stacks.
Replies
Views
Apache 2.4 in dsm 7.2 does not run after restarting DSM Leading to errors in WordPress, Joomla,... Out of...
Replies
Views
Hi, hope someone can help here. I have a Synology ds2411+ and I can't get mergerfs to run properly and DSM...
Replies
Views
Ok this eliminates the HDD spinning down theory on the WIn11 client. Are your NAS HDDs set to spin down...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 5784
D
Snapshot consumption can only be determined through the package itself... AFAIK, snapshots can only be...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I believe this is due to media indexing. I recently added a bunch of images/videos to my nas and kicked of...
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back