DS 718+, 2x-DS 720+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Updating wife’s iPhone to IOS17 from 16.6.1

I’m guessing in middle of 17 download, I suspect they pulled 17, released 16.7, and then 17.0.1.

After software installed and restarted imagine my surprise to find 16.7 was installed on phone. Not 17!

Requested 17 a second time. Hoping for 17.0.1, but won’t know for certain until it restarts, I guess!

Last edited:
no I posted correctly…. It was halfway through downloading 17, and when I went to see how far along it was, it reported 16.7!
It’s now halfway through the second 17.0.1 update download, so I’m now convinced 17 was pulled and 16.7 released in the middle of the 17 download. We are not home but on real slow WiFi that drops ‘occasionally’ (Now THAT is an understatement!)

Last edited:
Gotta give Apple some credit on their handling of download stability: 2nd download of 17(17.0.1) worked, though they get credit for dealing with unusual circumstances…. Took 6 days! Download a combo of: Slow, unstable WIFI, a little cell phone data, a short 2 hour stint with higher speed more stable WiFi, and finishing up on the slow, unstable WiFi. The fact it downloaded without corruption is simply amazing
Did all this so-as to share AirTags, and 17 needed for that! AirTags sharing works!!😁

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.