Upgrade 6.2 to DSM 7.0 taking VERY long time

Currently reading
Upgrade 6.2 to DSM 7.0 taking VERY long time

NAS
1967gotmarried!
Operating system
  1. Windows
I started the Upgrade from DSM 6.2 to DSM 7.0 over 6 hours ago, and it's been stuck at this screen for over 4 hours.

Screenshot (325).png

What should I do?

I would try logging in with a new browser window. That view is for information. You could also connect via SSH if you have enabled it and have a look at what’s happening.

It could be that you’ve a very big Drive database it’s working through?

Last edited:
Is there any visible disk activity? Have you tried to refresh the page?
Yes, occasional activity.
-- post merged: --

I would try logging in with a new browser window. That view is for information. You could also connect via SSH if you have enabled it and have a look at what’s happening.

It could be that you’ve a very big Drive database it’s working through?
Thanks for your reply. After waiting about 20 hours for it to complete, I tried what you suggested.

I accessed my NAS with another browser window, and was immediately asked to login, which I did, and it let me in.

I think that for some reason the DSM 7.0 install finished, but it didn't close the browser for the last step.

So, I have logged into DSM 7.0, and most seems to work correctly. However, Plex is a bit of a mystery. My Plex Server wouldn't install correctly. It generated an error screen and gave me a series of steps to follow to fix it, including Uninstall Plex and reinstall. Only, I couldn't find Plex among the list of Apps. I found it in the Beta Apps and I installed that, and it seems to work correctly on my main PC. I haven't tested the remote access yet.

I could have sworn the Plex App was one of the fully released Apps in DSM 6.2. Wasn't it?

Too late for you, but it is always recommended to uninstall Plex prior to upgrading to DSM 7. Good to hear all is sorted.
But, what about my question? The only Plex I could find in DSM 7.0 was a Beta Version. I thought the Plex on DSM 6.2 was a fully released version????

Go to plex.tv and get the latest installer. The one in Package Center is very old now.
OK, I downloaded the Plex Server from plex.tv. Do I simply run it (it's an .exe file) or do I have to Manually Install it from the Package Center?

Do I have to uninstall the Plex Beta that I installed directly from the Package Center?

Erm. You need the PMS installer for Synology DSM 7. Choose the file for you NAS. If it’s the DS1019+ then the Intel 64 version.

That was the clue I needed!

I had to download the Plex Media Server 'for Synology DSM 7' which required that I search a long list. It's a .spk file. That's what the DSM Package Manual Install system was looking for. All the other PMS packages for Windows PC were .exe files.

It seems to work right now! On my PC. Thanks!

Of course, I haven't tried to access it on my TV, yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.