Upgrade 6.2 to DSM 7.2 taking over 12 hours

NAS
DS3617xs
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited:
I finally started to update my DSM from 6.2 to what it is now 7.2 i think. I started this yesterday morning and so far it has been 14 hours and counting and i still can not access it via the usual IP address. I have DS3617xs, 6 HDs, RAID 5, and about 40 TB of data.
So far the journey has been as such. When i tried yesterday (about 6 hours in) to access via the web assistant it could find the server but without a name and it still says the DSM was 6.2, I was still unable to access it via the IP. I tried to PING it but not responding.
Now the web assistant can't find the sever and i still can not access it via the Static IP.
All lights are green except there is no lights on the LAN. The HD lights blink every now and again, i would say once every minute or so.
Has this happened to anyone else? Should i be concerned?

UPDATE:
After following step from another thread i connected via the simples ethernet (previously connect via the Gigabit) and i could find it and login. However the system DSM says DSM 6.2.4-25556 Update 7, and i am not seeing any difference in the operating system, does anyone know why?
Also my Gigabit card no longer works, only the normal ethernet port.

UPDATE V2:
I realized that my DSM has not been updated even though i did click on update DSM, strange. I will have to do the update manually. However the issue still remains that after having clicked update DSM my sinology network card on LAN5 is no longer appearing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.