Uploading/Backing up photos from NAS to Google Photos, then automate Android->NAS->GPhotos

Currently reading
Uploading/Backing up photos from NAS to Google Photos, then automate Android->NAS->GPhotos

NAS
DS1511+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hello from Sydney,
So i have been reading about how to backup google photos to NAS but i want the other way around.

Basically what i am after: android mobile -> NAS -> GPhotos
1. i have lots photos already on my NAS, how to upload them to google photos (in the easies way, no need to keep my laptop, kind of direct NAS -> google photo) ?
2. then: from my android phone, upload all my photos in daily basis to a temp folder on my Syno (just the new photos that has not been uploaded previously)
3. then once a week i will go that folder and sort / delete / organise, then move the final folders to "photo" folder. the temp folder will be empty so it is important that next day the previous step doesnt re-upload the old photos again
4. Synology knows new folder with photos has been added and then start uploading them to google photo.

are the above possible? or the only possible is android mobile -> Gphoto -> NAS ?
maybe the steps that are possible:
1. i have lots photos already on my NAS -> (must upload in slow way, go to google photo website and click upload, point to my NAS but must keep laptop on)
2. then: from my android phone, install google photo app, set to upload all photos to google photos (to a temp folder on google photo - hopefully the google photo app knows to upload the new photos only)
3. then once a week i will go that folder and sort / delete / organise, then move the final folders to "photo" folder. the temp folder will be empty so it is important that next day the previous step doesnt re-upload the old photos again
4. use cloud syc from Synology to download/sync new photos from Google photo to NAS (but from cloud sync menu i can only see google drive not google photo?)

im confused about all this google drive vs google photo thingie..
thank you....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.