DS720+, DS418play
Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I just set up an important piece of equipment for my NAS and other devices - UPS.

CyberPower CP900EPFCLCD - CP900EPFCLCD - Backup UPS Systems | CyberPower
1PE-0000277-01G_3D_01_WS_E.png

VA: 900 Watts: 540 Half Load Runtime ( min ): 7 Outlets: Schuko x 6

I've attached both my NAS devices (DS418play with 4x 3TB HDD and DS720+ with 2x 1TB SSD), modem, router, and a switch.

The load is approx. 20% and have around 45 minutes on battery. Plenty of time for my needs and to shut down the NAS devices if needed.

Screenshot 2022-01-01 at 14.12.46.png

One of the NAS devices is running as a network UPS server. Read more about it here: Power overwhelming

Last edited:
I have 5x 1500VA Cyberpower’s with AVR.
also have Whole house generator, so only need 30-45 seconds. Have had them for 5 years now. 4 are on replacement batts. They work fine with switching supplies, too.
I couldn’t be happier with them.

Last edited:
Also a Cyberpower fan here. :)

I have the Cyberpower BRG1500AVRLCD Intelligent LCD UPS System, 1500VA/900W hooked up to my NAS devices, and to router/modem and switches in the office. Also added smaller dedicated Cyberpower units for managed switches around the house, and also for our Unifi AP, so that both wired and Wi-Fi connections will work normally for long enough for any open files to be closed w/out losing connection to the NAS before things shut down.

Had a brief test-run recently when contractor shut off power w/out asking us, and it worked well, except for the beeping UPS alarms which totally freaked out one of my dogs...poor baby! :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.