USB Connections

Currently reading
USB Connections

Good afternoon. I am conducting an investigation into a Synology NAS. Specifically, I was asked to collect information regarding USB devices connected to the NAS. I only have a forensic image of the NAS and so cannot boot the NAS. I found on the SYNOSYSDB that an external disk (USB Disk 1) was mounted but there was no other information about the external disk. Is there any system log file that records the information about the external disk like brand, model number, serial number?

Thank you.

Attachments

• External USB device.jpg
    External USB device.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 11

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

Everytime I log into DSM my NAS-connected USB-drives wake up from sleep, even if I'm not in filestation...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If you don't have a UPS I would highly recommend getting one. Unexpected crashes aren't good for any...
Replies
Views
  • Question
There are moving parts here - of most impact are drive RPM's and RAID/SHR configuration. I typically see...
Replies
Views
I don't think it's a "compatability" problem. There is a USB standard. And regardless, on Synology's...
Replies
Views
Yes, it’s weird. I would’ve expected some indication of activity. You may have closed the initial dialogue...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
I would not trust secure erase, without a visual surface check of the entire drive. There is no...
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back