USB Copy and new USB drive

Currently reading
USB Copy and new USB drive

I use an external 2TB external USB drive to provide monthly backups of various folders on my NAS (DS218+; DSM6.2). In USB Copy I have 8 tasks set up to do these backups.

My 2TB is now too small and full, so I bought a 5TB drive; plugged it in only to find that the existing tasks do not see the new drive. The USB drive is mounted and I can set up a new task to make a copy of a directory. Under USB Copy settings, the original drive is listed, but not the new one.

So, without delving into unix, etc. am I doing something wrong or do I have to set up a load of new tasks? Is there some way to add the new drive to the Drive Location list while keeping the old drive?

TIA, Nick

Usb copy tasks are drive specific (at least, I've never been able to use tasks created against one external usb on another usb). Simply duplicate the existing tasks against your new drive and you'll be good to go.it would be nice if Synology provided a copy tasks function but I guess usb copy is fairly low on their list of priorities (works well for me, though)

Usb copy tasks are drive specific (at least, I've never been able to use tasks created against one external usb on another usb). Simply duplicate the existing tasks against your new drive and you'll be good to go.it would be nice if Synology provided a copy tasks function but I guess usb copy is fairly low on their list of priorities (works well for me, though)

Many thanks FlyingPasty (I like your username!) for your response. Much as I suspected and, as you said, low on their priority list.

Btw, to correct my original post, I should have said Ubuntu/Linux, not Unix.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.