1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
What you prefer speed-wise as a storage device for system database on a RT2600ac - USB stick or SD card
is there any penalty using any of the above devices compared to one another especially for threat prevention?

what you people use?

BTW this is an amazing forum, everybody here is super polite, knowledgeable and helpfull!!!

I would recommend a USB (3.0) HARDDISK. They have better performance than a USB stick, but also have a longer life-time than an SD card.

I'm telling this from experience. I had SD cards (the fast ones that you can put in a 4K camera) in both my RT2600's (running Threat Prevention) and both of them are no-longer usable after some time...

I moved from USB3 micro drive that died to USB3 hard drive (1TB WD Elements pocket drive) and it's been running for much longer and hasn't corrupted. It's also used for the Threat Prevention database too, actually it's used for everything that has a storage destination: I don't use the router (and ergo the hard disk) for user file/media services. Powered by the router and sits underneath between the router's legs.

My Internet connection isn't the fastest (100Mbps) inbound so I can't say if the storage type limits higher bandwidth connections.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.