use drive to replace timemachine

Currently reading
use drive to replace timemachine

I started to experiment to replace time machine by Drive but I wonder how to handle deleted files in a folder is there a way to get from the history like timemachine? or better to use in // timemachine?

Are you asking about replacing time machine on the MAC or time capsule (a NAS like storage)?
Very different.

Sync Tasks: you can find deleted files in the recycle bin in the web interface.
Backup task: in the Mac Drive agent you select the backup task and there's a Restore button. Within there there is a Show deleted files check box.

How far back do these go? For sync tasks this is set in Drive Admin Console, but I don't know for backup tasks.

I prefer to use Carbon Copy Cloner to make bootable (when system disk) clones to USB, and use the safety net feature to keep deleted files until space is needed. Then Time Machine, and other version backups (Drive etc), are for short term file recovery should that ever [never really] be necessary.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.