DS 718+, 2x-DS 720+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited:
At various locations, I've read that Blocking USA in Firewall of NAS will cause problems.... I had blocked USA to see what would happen.... Nothing -- I seem to be able to do everything I could before I turned the block on!
However -- I did recently find out that a USA Block in NAS Firewall prevents Support from accessing the NAS, even with Remote access turned on, which if anything, proved it's working. (turned it off so Support could continue)...
I find that QC connect is UN-affected by this, even from across the country.... When I log in via DS File or DS CAM or DRIVE.

Yet, I keep encountering posts saying the addition of regional Blocking (By Country) in Firewall.. is not necessary....

What's your take on this, for NAS or Router ?

Thank You for you assistance...

Since last week, Geo Firewall is broken (again) for me. Is anyone else experiencing issues?

I configured my firewall to only allow access from my home country (AT) to most of my services. Since last week, this rule blocks me out, even I try to access my NAS originating from my country.

I've had this issue some time ago. It seems the geo-location database Synology uses, is corrupted - again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.