User home directories setup

www.clark-hart.us
NAS
DS220+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
  3. other
I need help setting up permissions for user directories...
I want to set permissions for each user inside the homes directory...can only do this if user home directory is at root..

Not sure I explained it right..I can put up a diagram

Just use homes service. Synology manages permissions. Do not touch permissions for /homes or /home folders. Doing so will break the service. Undo does not fix things.

If homes services does not work for you, please explain.

If you have already futzed with permissions, disable and then re-enable homes service to restore it to Synology defaults.

Just use homes service. Synology manages permissions. Do not touch permissions for /homes or /home folders. Doing so will break the service. Undo does not fix things.

If homes services does not work for you, please explain.

If you have already futzed with permissions, disable and then re-enable homes service to restore it to Synology defaults.
Thanks !! I went ahead and let the magic happen ... I am assuming it removes the folder as well when a user is deleted ..

It is a nice feature, and was confused since not logging in as 'normal' user, so seeing home and homes ... when signed in as regular garden-variety user, only home and another shared folder (avail to all users) appeared.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.