User with limited administrator privileges

NAS
DS218+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hello,

I want to create user with specified admin permissions in DSM 6 (or alternatively DSM7):
- can add users
- can`t change own permissions to folders, and can`t change permission to admin users
- can use Mail Server, but for example can`t change Network settings

Is it even possible?

Last edited:
ok this is it. Thank you

I would like to give permission for one user from the Synology Directory Server the to create new users in the domain.

Is it possible?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

As long as you have the whole task backed up, you can set up a "new" task and relink to that archive, as...
Replies
Views
I think I’ve been here before…. No thanks. But thanks for the answer I feared: no one place for all...
Replies
Views
Nothing comes up in Universal Search. Guess I have to wait for replication to lapse. Thanks!
Replies
Views
Ofc, but initially nothing was said by OP regarding what account is in question here. So didn’t want to...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
I would start here... synouser {--help} synouser {--add} username passwd full name expired email app...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Hi Rusty, this is strange... I did try that but now it works... :) Not sure what I did before, maybe I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
fredbert Got me looking at URLs real closely. Found a slight difference between the two and all's well...
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back