Using AWS with LastPass... A major catastrophe! 30 million encrypted consumer vaults compromised

Currently reading
Using AWS with LastPass... A major catastrophe! 30 million encrypted consumer vaults compromised

NAS
DS4l8play, DS202j, DS3623xs+, DSM 7.3.3-25847
Although an initial intrusion into LastPass ended on August 12, officials with the leading password manager said the threat actor “was actively engaged in a new series of reconnaissance, enumeration, and exfiltration activity” from August 12 to August 26. In the process, the unknown threat actor was able to steal valid credentials from a senior DevOps engineer and access the contents of a LastPass data vault. Among other things, the vault gave access to a shared cloud-storage environment that contained the encryption keys for customer vault backups stored in Amazon S3 buckets.
Read on...

Ouch. A cardinal rule of thumb where I work is not to use my business computer for anything personal, and not to use my personal computer for anything work related.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.