Currently reading
Using moments photos photo station as Screensaver

NAS
DS1621+, DS1621+, DS918
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Really not sure where this was most appropriate, so here goes. I've got a ds1621 and one of the things I'm using it for is backup photos from family phones (about 5 or 6 phones)

So I have a media center machine on my TV, which uses a folder of pictures it randomizes thru as a screen saver.

Is there a way to share the homes folder so the media center application can see the pictures nestled in there and use those as it's random screen saver source? Preferably without having to duplicate the files in another separate folder?

Ideally simply sharing the 1 homes folder with all the pictures from all users in it, and the media center all will just rotate thru those pictures.

Is this possible?

I'm currently using dsm6 and moments, but will eventually upgrade to dsm7 and whatever the newest photo station is, just letting the dust settle and bugs to shake out. Plus I'm new to this whole nas scene so it seemed safer to use the proven v6 first.

Any help would be appreciated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.