Vaultwarden Admin Options inaccessible under DSM7?

Currently reading
Vaultwarden Admin Options inaccessible under DSM7?

NAS
DS212J, DS214play, DS216, DS216play, DS414, DS918+, RS212, RS816, RS819, DS223, DS920+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I just had occasion to go into my Vaultwarden admin pages for the first time since installing DSM7.
Vaultwarden is of course running under Docker.
If I log in to Vaultwarden's UI on the Diskstation as administrator using bitwarden.myserver.com/admin , I am able to use my Vaultwarden admin password to log in.
And I can activate the tabs Settings, Organizations, Users and Vault.
But if I go into the Settings tab, none of the configuration options (General Settings, Advanced Settings, SMTP Email Settings, etc.) will open when clicked.
They just sit there doing nothing.

I have tried stopping and restarting the container, stopping and restarting docker, and rebooting the server, as well as trying multiple different browsers.

Anyone else seeing this? Or, even if you haven't, any theories?

Solution
Just an update on this matter. I did notice that just today at 1AM CEST time, a new image of VV was pushed (1.22.2) with it comes the new web vault v2.21.1.

Here is a chat between 2 developers working on the VV repo. They touch on the matter of /admin problems.

Code:
danig
    Yeah but there's not much we can do to solve that if the dependencies aren't updated, might as well just do an npm audit fix || true to not break the builds
BlackDex
    That is exactly what i did :)
    See the PR
    the bash script to build has some issues, but i didn't thought it was that important for now
    for that to work nicley we should also add some folders to the .gitignore
    but the dockerfile now works
    i have been using v2.21.1 for a while now...
Just an update on this matter. I did notice that just today at 1AM CEST time, a new image of VV was pushed (1.22.2) with it comes the new web vault v2.21.1.

Here is a chat between 2 developers working on the VV repo. They touch on the matter of /admin problems.

Code:
danig
    Yeah but there's not much we can do to solve that if the dependencies aren't updated, might as well just do an npm audit fix || true to not break the builds
BlackDex
    That is exactly what i did :)
    See the PR
    the bash script to build has some issues, but i didn't thought it was that important for now
    for that to work nicley we should also add some folders to the .gitignore
    but the dockerfile now works
    i have been using v2.21.1 for a while now locally, no strange stuff there.
    there is only one strange item with windows and the /admin but not something wich breaks total funcationallity
danig
    Yeah I only ever use the bash script to test locally, to avoid having to do the extra step of pulling the files from the docker container, but I'm partial to just have a script that calls docker build and copies the compiled files somewhere to avoid repeating the build steps in two spots
    what's the windows issue you mention?
BlackDex
    The settings headers do not open if you click on the text
    If you click on the header it self, so more to the right it does
    Some js/bootstrap thingy i guess
danig
    You mean the "general settings", "smtp settings"... thing?
BlackDex
    But it's not on all windows versions for aome reasons
danig
    They work for me clicking on the text on a windows 10 pc, both firefox and edge
BlackDex
    Hehe
    See, that is the strange part
    I have an old win7 virtual image, where it also breaks

So it looks like you are not alone on this one

EDIT: Just made a jump to this repo version and I can confirm the same problem. As explained in the chat, if you click right from the actual text, the settings will show up.

Upvote 0
Solution
Hi Rusty, thanks! I referenced DSM7 to provide a sense of how long it's been since I tried to get admin access on Vaultwarden, not to accuse DSM7 of causing the problem. Can confirm clicking to the right of the text works...weird!

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.