1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
(2022-11-10)
Important Note

The update will be available for selected regions within the following weeks, although the release time in each region may vary slightly.

What's New

1. Updated the system to comply with UKCA Wi-Fi connection laws on RT6600ax in the United Kingdom.
Fixed Issues

1. Fixed the issue where clients on 802.11ac Wi-Fi network might not be able to connect to Synology Router.
  2. Fixed the issue where SRM might show the wrong LED status when a NAS with Wake-on-LAN enabled is connected.
  3. Fixed the issue where the IPTV & VoIP page on SRM 1.3.1 might not work properly when SRM was configured with M1-Fiber.
  4. Fixed the issue where the password rotation for the guest network might no longer work after restoring SRM settings.
  5. Fixed the issue where firewall rules might not work properly.
  6. Fixed the issue where Wi-Fi speeds might drop when a mesh system contains Wi-Fi points with older SRM versions.
  7. Fixed the issue where the IPTV could not switch channels after a certain number of times.
  8. Fixed a security vulnerability regarding dnsmasq (CVE-2022-0934).
  9. Minor bug fixes.
Notes:

source: Release Notes for SRM | Synology Inc.

Last edited:
One thing mentioned in last update.. a bit more sensitive in this update....
Network center... If you proceed to Security tab before Status fully loads, you could hang on Loading of Firewall rules....
(Necessitating a close out and re-log in...)
I saw this to a certain amount in -1 update.... It appears to be a bit more sensitive in -2... (Seen on both Router versions)

Work around -- Both -1 & -2: Don't select Security Tab Until Status is fully loaded....

~2 hours after update: CPU 38-65% RAM now 52% (TP & SA, no Mesh (Linksys E2000 as WIFI Access Point), no Guest Wifi.. No issues seen with TP)
Speeds OK.. (ISP Still giving me 200/20 in error, so I'm staying quiet with them on that! ):sneaky:
Rusty: Have not seen Wifi Issues here.... Before or after update to 16.1.1 last PM, before or after SRM this AM...

Here Synology admits that their 1.3 firewall has been broken (and maybe still is, for all we know).

Geessh... That's like finding out your deadbolt was never engaged. Gotta wonder how many compromised machines are out there due to this "oversight".

Last edited:
I alerted Wife to beat on it yesterday and report any differences in observed operation. She did Zooms, streamed on Roku and DTV, did her normal social media and browsing via 5Ghz WiFi. While she did that I tested speeds and ports via W7-64 & W10 PRO GB Ethernet connected laptops, updated one iPhone to 16.1.1, and apps on others, and later neighbor brought over 2.4Ghz laptop to clean and update windows 10 on. Finally I asked Wife to see how smoothly downloading movies on DTV through GB internet connected still worked. Even went out in garage to see if any WIFI difference connecting via Linksys E2000 access point changed in any way…. even QC connections on DS APPs from garage E2000. Made one cellphone call from garage via 'Verizon WiFI app' via WIFI rather than phone LTE Data, and it worked as usual... too..
Neither of us noticed any observable operational difference on 1.3.1-2 compared to 1.3.1-1..

This was on repaired 2600 & USBV3 SATA SSD with write Caching. Original 2600 & USBV3 M.2 SSD with write caching now on shelf as a spare, with 1.3.1-1, in case insurmountable problem arises with 1.3.1-2, it can be a fallback router.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.