DS720+, DS418play
Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I can’t reconcile the Synology security alert’s severity rating of Critical with the rollout…
The update will be available for selected regions within the following weeks, although the release time in each region may vary slightly

I’ve manually downloaded the patch files and updated my routers this morning.

Os​

SRM ✎ : 1.3.1-9346-3 ⇩

How did you download it. When I go to the site it just shows 1.3.1 (although the notes indicate it's update 3). When I download it and try to manually update it, it says cannot update because the update needs to be later version than currently installed (update 2).

Where/how did you get the update 3 version.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I see it, in all downloads, but internet has been down here for half the homes in our subdivision for two days now, and no timeframe for repair.
So router at present doesn’t have to worry about the vulnerability right now!😱
(With no internet)
2AM day 3! I guess someone restarted the server feeding me! Router -3 Update done!

I can’t reconcile the Synology security alert’s severity rating of Critical with the rollout…
My guess is that synology has no evidence that those secutity vulnerabilities are actively in use by the baddies, otherwise I'd like to think that they would push the fixes immediately.

Last edited:
Didn’t they push the DSM version of this update immediately? That’s why I did the SRM Version update as soon as Zito fixed the internet. From memory it appears that Ram & CPU Use increased 1-3% Second 2600 update to -3 indicates a slight increase....in CPU

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.