1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
(2023-05-04)
Important Note

The update will be available for selected regions within the following weeks, although the release time in each region may vary slightly.

Fixed Issues

1. Fixed the issue where Internet connection speed might be slow after Threat Prevention was enabled.
  2. Fixed the issue where the Default Policy in Traffic Control might not be enabled after rebooting the router.
Notes:

Also alongside this SRM release comes...

Threat Prevention, Version: 1.3.1-0913​

(2023-05-04)
Important Note

The update will be available for selected regions within the following weeks, although the release time in each region may vary slightly.

Fixed Issues

1. Fixed the issue where Internet connection speed might be slow after Threat Prevention was enabled.
  2. Fixed an issue where the Threat Prevention might be unable to scan.
  3. Fixed the issue where the Statistics page might be unable to display the map.

And...

VPN Plus Server, Version: 1.4.6-0685​

(2023-05-04)
Important Note

Fixed Issues

1. Fixed a security vulnerability (Synology-SA-23:04).

FYI: I put a 2600 with -5 and 2600 with -3 both online, and Tested WIFI Speeds and Link Rates.
Both identical and consistent with my ISP 200/20 service.
(Note that WIFI speeds & Link rate varied somewhat under -4)
I am not using a Synology product for mesh: Linksys E2000

I see no difference, so upgraded 2nd 2600 to -5 & TP 0913.

Things noticed since -5... I suspect that in -5 the system database files are updated more frequently than before -5...
(Because when I check them they rarely need updating, when before -5, the frequency on needing an update on any of the 6 was more frequent)... $.02

Last edited:
Interesting!

Wife got a new iPhone. IPhone 14+

When we got home, and She started using WIFI, we received an email saying an iPhone 13 had just been discovered on the system!

Not earth shattering— but that’s WRONG!!
SRM 1.3.1-5
-- post merged: --

IMG_7224.png

OOPS!
This screen capture from DS ROUTER shows Another problem!
Note date and time stamp!
Today is June 19th
We got home about 2:50PM

I just logged into 2600 Router from computer. Time locked to time.must.gov and is correct!

So— Is it 2600 logs or DS ROUTER that has inaccurate date & time stamp?

I think its DS ROUTER with the bad Date & Time.... as at 952PM here is what I see connected to 2600 Recent info!
2600.jpg

And it's not the iPhone... That time is current also

Last edited:
I don't think the router makes any attempt to identify the generation of iPhone that has connected. I'm guessing "BRD-Iphone-13" was the name of the prior iPhone (in Settings/General/About/Name) and that when you configured your new iPhone 14 by restoring from the backup of the iPhone 13, the new phone just "inherited" the name of the old phone. All that SRM is doing, if I understand this correctly, is reporting the "name" of the phone as recorded in that name field. If you changed the name to "Jan's Wife's iPhone," that's what it would report, and that's what would be listed in the DHCP table.

Last edited:
Her old phone was iPhone 8+

My iPhone is a 2020SE

That alert came when she arrived home with new phone and used 2600 WIFI

Just checked Safe Access via DS ROUTER: the new phone is named “Eileens-iPhone” DHCP Old iPhone: ‘Eileen’s iPhone 8’ STATIC IP also visible (resides in shipping box to go back after OK)

So explanation does not fly. Appears to be DS ROUTER Bug

Was everything transferred from the old phone to the new phone? Stuff like the "name", as displayed in your screenshot?

Routers (any router) don't have the superpower to identify a device down to generation.

I've also discovered that by default iPhones randomize the MAC address when connecting to WiFi, as every time my grandson comes over, I get a notification of a new device just connected to the router.

Last edited:
Could be, but what about date & time stamp of DS ROUTER?
Other than that screen capture, I can’t find time display in DS ROUTER. But via computer to 2600 verified time was correct. As was new phone, old phone and all gear here. Explain DS ROUTER screen shot!

I’m not saying IOS is perfect at all, but then why the specifically wrong alert yesterday on her first connect: with wrong iPhone version & wrong date & time stamp??

Bug in DS ROUTER

Could be, but what about date & time stamp of DS ROUTER?
Other than that screen capture, I can’t find time display in DS ROUTER. But via computer to 2600 verified time was correct. As was new phone, old phone and all gear here. Explain DS ROUTER screen shot!

I’m not saying IOS is perfect at all, but then why the specifically wrong alert yesterday on her first connect: with wrong iPhone version & wrong date & time stamp??

Bug in DS ROUTER
Control Panel > Device > System Information

Updates about every 10 seconds or so...

OBTW, The time on mine is accurate.

You posting how you see time on 2600. That is correct. I never said 2600 was wrong, I said DS ROUTER appears to be wrong, based on screen capture.

I THINK I FOUND PROOF IT’s DS ROUTER
IN DS ROUTER: click on the bell

I see

Now. Click on the top entry the new Apple device, and you see:

That is Proof that DS ROUTER IS AT FAULT

Attachments

• IMG_7225.png
    IMG_7225.png
    107.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7226.png
    IMG_7226.png
    81.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
More surmising on the iPhone 13 report of first iPhone 14+ login.

Wondering if that 13 reference is a phone that actually occurred on that date and time, and, for reasons unknown, it posted that info, instead of wife’s info, on the first 5GHZ WiFi login of Wife’s new phone.
The second, correct post was her first 2GHZ login. That might make the most sense.

No matter which of the scenarios it is, it should not have happened.

Attachments

• IMG_7228.png
    IMG_7228.png
    100 KB · Views: 6

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.