1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
(2023-07-27)
Important Note

The update will be available for selected regions within the following weeks, although the release time in each region may vary slightly.

Fixed Issues

1. Fixed multiple security vulnerabilities. (Synology-SA-23:10)
  2. Minor bug fixes.
Notes:

Last edited:
On 2600: before -6 update (Via DS ROUTER) I see CPU: 48-72% RAM: 53% (on -5)

After update to 1.3.1-6, SA and TP restarted and 5 min to settle down: CPU: 43-73% RAM:62% -- 20 min later RAM: 60%

Speeds same: On my 200/25 service 100/25 on 2Ghz, 200/24 on 5Ghz... 200/25 on Wired GB Ethernet

All Synology Apps I use: DS FILE, DS CAM, DS FINDER, DS ROUTER, DRIVE work as before update...
Websurfing, Email fine.... Computer W7-64, Multiple iPhones at 16.6

I seem to be good... 1.3.1-6 on 2600 (It's good to have a spare Router!)

PS to this! I am NOT using Synology Mesh. I have an old Linksys E2000 in our GB wired external garage as wired WIFI access point. If it adds any load to the 2600, I have not been able to notice it.

So a friend of mine with a 6600 and 2600 and few 2200 units all on latest update having similar problems where 2.4ghz and other parts of the network disconnect and then the satellites spin up processors trying to re-establish the mesh.

Basically the mesh software is borked.

His solution was to wire as many parts of the network as possible for backhaul, and for others, bring in the satellites to cover less area.

This is truly sad. His ANCIENT AirPort Extreme routers cover more area and suffer no such problems.

But it looks like the mesh software itself is fundamentally borked and bad/weak connections send the processors into a spin that brings down the network. I think this is why @Jan Janowski , above, is having better luck not using the mesh software and hodge-podging a linksys extender instead.

It's been about a year since I've gotten the 6600 (2 of them linked together). This is a TRULY pathetic state of affairs that Synology not only CANNOT provide some stable software. But a much worse sin. They are absolutely in no way trying to HURRY UP and solve the horrendous problems with this software. There is no urgency in their glacial not even 0.0.1 updates! It's truly an embarrassment, and they are not even apologetic about it.

I implemented a Linksys E2000 as wired access point because I did not have the $$ left over to purchase a Synology Mesh router. It was the least expensive but ‘do-able’ solution I could come up with at the time.
I am so happy I did what I did! I have avoided all these issues with Mesh issues.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.