1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
(2022-01-11)
Important Note

1. Your Synology NAS may not notify you of this DSM update because of the following reasons. If you want to update your DSM to this version now, please click here to manually update it. Only Synology NAS with DSM 6.2.4 installed can be updated to this version.
    • The update is not available in your region yet. The update is expected to be available for all regions within the next few days, although the time of release in each region may vary slightly.
  2. This update will restart your Synology NAS.
Fixed Issues

1. Fixed an issue where package logs weren't rotated after a switchover was performed on SA3200D.
  2. Fixed an issue where Synology Account might be signed out unexpectedly.
  3. Updated the renewal rule of the built-in certificate to prevent DSM connection errors.
  4. Fixed an issue where users couldn't expand a RAID 1 storage pool on the active server in a Synology High Availability cluster when the active server's RAID 1 storage pool is smaller than the one on the passive server.
  5. Fixed multiple security vulnerabilities. (Synology-SA-22:01)
---
source: Release Notes for DSM | Synology Inc.

Last edited:
Are you seeing any issues with SS update? (I see references that packages may be updated)... ??

Never Mind! I did my 720+ first (718+ is main SS unit).... SS not involved with this.... and MY! That was refreshing!! An Update that is nearly instant in installing!!! Both now done!

My reference to SS: I have 12 cameras, but I have no DVR... So I'm using both SS for video (SS builds video out of camera stream), and ftp for Pics...

any info on what Update 4 is all about, or .... has anyone tried it... ?

Found this: Synology DSM Update Version: 6.2.4-25556-4

I installed it on 718+ & 720+

Hi,

Encouraged by the positive feedback to version 6.2.4-25556 Update 3, I started upgrading my DS2415+ from version 6.2.4-25556 to Update 3. However, my NAS stucks now in an endless loop and the update process did never finish:

The blue power LED is flashing, the orange alert LED is flashing, the status LED is off. Only two of my disks are illuminated in green, the rest in orange. The LAN LED is flashing, but I cannot access the NAS, at least not under its previous IP address. After a few minutes, the NAS is powered off and starts again, with the same LED light scenario. I watched this loop several times. Then I switched off the NAS and removed the disks. I started the NAS again without any disks, no change.

Does anybody encounter similar problems or could give me a hint as how to further proceed? Prior to updating, I saved the NAS configuration on my desktop. I wonder how I can restore the NAS so that it is responsive again.

Best regards,
Peter

I can't solve your current issues, but update 3 is old now, Im running update 5
It appears that my problem is related to the Intel Atom C2000 series bug. This bug prevents the system to start after a reboot. I will check if the mitigations as described here will resolve my issue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.