2. RT2600ac
  3. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
(2022-04-06)

Important notes​

1. The update is expected to be available for all regions within the next few weeks, although the time of release in each region may vary slightly. If you want to update to the latest version now, please go to Synology Download Center and manually update your DSM.
  2. This update will restart your Synology NAS.
  3. After installing this update, you will not be able to downgrade to a previous DSM version.
  4. For the following models, DSM 7.1 is currently in development and will be released as soon as it is completed.
    • Plus Series: DS2413+, DS1813+, DS1513+, DS713+, RS2414+, RS2414rp+, RS814+, RS814RP+
  5. For the following models, you can only download the upgrade patch from Synology Download Center because you won't receive notifications for this update on your DSM.
    • XS Series: RS3413xs+, RS10613xs+, RS3614xs+, RS3614xs, RS3614RPxs, RC18015xs+, DS3615xs, DS2015xs
    • Plus Series: DS2413+, DS1813+, DS1513+, DS713+, RS2414RP+, RS2414+, RS814RP+, RS814+, DS214+, RS815RP+, RS815+, DS2415+, DS1815+, DS1515+, DS415+, DS215+
    • Value Series: RS814, RS214, DS414, DS214, DS214play, DS114, RS815, DS1515,DS715, DS415play, DS115
    • J Series: DS213j, DS414slim, DS414j, DS214se, DS215j, DS115j, DS416se, DS119j
  6. For the following models, DSM 7.1 will be the last upgradable version.
    • XS Series: RS3413xs+, RS10613xs+, RS3614xs+, RS3614xs, RS3614RPxs, RC18015xs+, DS3615xs, DS2015xs
    • Plus Series: DS2413+, DS1813+, DS1513+, DS713+, RS2414RP+, RS2414+, RS814RP+, RS814+, DS214+, RS815RP+, RS815+, DS2415+, DS1815+, DS1515+, DS415+, DS215+
    • Value Series: RS814, RS214, DS414, DS214, DS214play, DS114, RS815, DS1515,DS715, DS415play, DS115
    • J Series: DS213j, DS414slim, DS414j, DS214se, DS215j, DS115j, DS416se
  7. Adjusted the LED indicator for drives' health status. When a drive's health status is critical or failing, the indicator will show static orange.
  8. Windows 2000 domains are no longer supported.
  9. Removed the "Synchronize with an NTP server every time a domain user signs in" option for Domain/LDAP advanced settings. Users can configure the "Synchronize with NTP server" option at Regional Options > Time instead.
  10. Added support for the UPS power-off function at Control Panel > Hardware & Power > UPS.
  11. Synology Storage Replication Adapter can only be used with DSM 7.0.1 or earlier versions. If you are using or plan to use Synology Storage Replication Adapter, please continue to use the current DSM version.
  12. To create a new Virtual DSM machine for DSM 7.1, Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) must be updated to version 2.6. Virtual DSM machines running DSM 7.0 or earlier versions can be directly updated to DSM 7.1 without updating VMM.
  13. Surveillance Station must be updated to version 8.2.11-7327 or above to be compatible with this update.

What’s New​

1. SSD Cache Groups can be allocated to multiple volumes, allowing for more flexible management of SSD cache capacity.
  2. Storage Manager now supports the management of the drives and storage of both active server and passive server in a Synology High Availability cluster.
  3. Added support for Btrfs (Peta Volume) in Active Backup for Business and Synology High Availability.
  4. If there is a file system error, DSM will unmount the volume to run file system checks without interrupting the services on other volumes.
  5. Reduced the minimum threshold for low capacity notification from 5% to 3%.
  6. Added support for custom OIDC (OpenID Connect) settings to integrate DSM with external SSO servers.
  7. Added support for the RTF editor to allow users to preview notification message content and style in real-time when editing.
  8. Added support for bypass traverse checking at Control Panel > File Services > Advanced to allow users to traverse folders and access permitted files or subfolders.
  9. Supports specifying domains from the list of trusted domains to synchronize domain data.
  10. Added the Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+00:00) time zone option at Control Panel > Regional Options > Time.
  11. Added the synchronization status between DSM and NTP servers at Control Panel > Regional Options > Time.
  12. Added icons on the taskbar to indicate ongoing background tasks that might affect system performance.
  13. Users can now open tabs directly from search results in Control Panel.
  14. Supports automatically updating the domain database and syncing domain data regularly. For Synology NAS that are used to create domains, the "Update User Groups/Lists" option in Control Panel > Domains/LDAP will be disabled by default after updating to DSM 7.1.
  15. Starting from Advanced Media Extensions 2.0.0, users must sign in to their Synology Accounts to install HEVC and AAC codecs, which allows for the playback of certain file formats in multimedia packages and Surveillance Station.

Limitation​

1. The update progress bar on a Synology High Availability cluster might not display the actual progress percentage. This won't affect the update progress.
Had 0 problems so far with it. Several NAS devices as well as few virtual ones, all running fine, atm.

Do we expect this version of DSM to be available for the DS220J at any time in the fut3 as it is not showing up in any of the lists of devices in the post?

Last edited:
With this version seems that if using Surveillance Station 9.0 beta you need to install Surveillance Station version 9.0.0-7627 first. Where is this version? Synology support haven't got a clue.

Edit: Answer is to uninstall existing beta version of SS keeping settings & data. Then install DSM7.1-42661- Finally, re-install current SS beta. Everything will be as it was originally..

Last edited:
Updated 2x DS920+ & DS916+ without issue. VMM update triggered automatically post-install on the DS920+ units.

Interestingly, I don't see Docker listed under Package Center on the DS916+ after installing DSM 7.1. Installing the package manually worked around this.

Last edited:
Yep, thats exactly what I did - the manual install method worked, as mentioned above.

I wondered if it was just that the package has been updated as of 7th April (hot off the press!) and that it hadn't yet made it through Synology's update delivery system.

Same here on my DS415+. The Docker and Web Station packages needed a hand though...

Last edited:
I upgraded from the RC to the production version and I can no longer connect MacOS Synology Drive clients to the Synology Drive Server on my DS920+.
From what I recall, unfortunately, you may need to try a complete uninstall of the Synology Drive Client (all traces) from your Mac and then re-install from scratch.

Edit: You could check which client version you have already.

From what I recall, unfortunately, you may need to try a complete uninstall of the Synology Drive Client (all traces) from your Mac and then re-install from scratch.

Edit: You could check which client version you have already.

I found the problem and it is a major fail in the Synology upgrade process. In my NAS firewall I have opened ports for each service I use by checking the boxes Synology provides in the firewall dialog box.

The upgrade to DSM 7.1 prompts you to uninstall multiple packages during the upgrade process. When a package is removed, it drops out of the firewall list without notice. When the same package is reinstalled as part of the upgrade process, the choice to open the port for the service reinserts itself into the firewall list but the box is now unchecked and the associated ports remain closed. When the firewall selections are re-checked, everything works normally.

If you set up the firewall by listing the specific ports everything works fine. If you use the checkbox method nothing will synch after the upgrade. It is a massive fail that is going to cost a lot of people a bunch of time to figure out.

Has anyone had issues with docker? I saw somewhere that 7.1 changes something and docker from a 7.0.1 setup needs to be "fixed" somehow? I have not updated to 7.1 yet, based on that.

Has anyone had issues with docker? I saw somewhere that 7.1 changes something and docker from a 7.0.1 setup needs to be "fixed" somehow? I have not updated to 7.1 yet, based on that.
You can manually download the update version of the package or it can pull it on its own. As soon as it updates to a compatible version you will be good to go

You can manually download the update version of the package or it can pull it on its own. As soon as it updates to a compatible version you will be good to go
So there was an issue with docker, but it now resolved? (just to be clear, I would hate to update to 7.1 and lose my dockers)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.