DSM Update Version: 7.1-42661 (final)

Currently reading
DSM Update Version: 7.1-42661 (final)

Hi there. Would you mind providing the details on how I could try updating the permissions as you mentioned? I too have the same issue where iDrive is reporting "IDrive App has been stopped in Synology Package Center" after I upgraded to 7.1. I'm not super linux savvy, so any extra details on specifically the command lines I should enter would be appreciated. Thx!
It's worse that that now after the update to WebStation 3.1.0-0339 the application now returns a 502 error. I opened another ticket and they want to log into my NAS for more investigation. Since I already had 3 hours with them poking around to fix it after the last DSM update and now with WebStation iDrive can't seem to resolve their issues. I already told them that I am unwilling to let them into my NAS a second time since I would want to fully supervise what they are doing and cannot give them more hours away from work.

Since then I took advantage of iDrive e2 service and their first year discount that works with HyperBackup as a Amazon S3 storage back end and re-uploaded my backups to that until I revaluate cloud backup services long term in my 3-2-1 backup strategy. My files are still out on iDrive and I can manually download them from their web portal if I need them in a pinch but using HyperBackup doesn't rely on a 3rd party app that seems to be very fragile with updates in the Synolgoy OS and it's components.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.