DSM Update Version: 7.1-42661 (final)

Currently reading
DSM Update Version: 7.1-42661 (final)

Would you theoretically be able to test compatibility if you ran a VDSM of 7.1 to test?
I don’t know if you can run compatibility this way, but I updated my VDSM 7.0.1 to 7.1 and it is running without any problems. (+crucial 16GB extra memory)
-- post merged: --

I have 8GB Crucial RAM in a DS920+ and it upgraded to 7.1 with no issues, info centre showing 12GB total.

Crucial RAM CT8G4SFRA266 8GB DDR4 2666MHz CL19 Laptop Memory
Amazon product ASIN B08C56KXQJ
I have the same RAM but then the 16GB variant…

In case someone is interested, in 7.1 final, the package IDrive is not working anymore (vers. 2022.01.11).

This is the error:

IDrive App has been stopped in Synology Package Center​

Last edited:
Hi,
I have very sad news, and its big one.
After upgrade to DSM 7.1 - and restart of the NAS its no longer booting.
So it seems any non-synology RAM means blue light blinking and no boot.

Tested - DS220+, DS1821+
Memory - 2x16GB Kingston, 8GB 2666 Crucial

Both systems were runing fine on DSM 6 and I think also DSM 7.01. Letest official DSM 7.1 breaks all and even crashed 1821+ with no way to finish upgrade after power loss or Migration.

Simply they locked it to their super expensive /4-5x the price/ memory.

If it will be confirmed with more models its deal breaker. Truenas Scale is the way.

[Moderator edited]
My 220+ just got upgraded to 42661. It has 16G non-Syno ram installed. No issues so far. The resource monitor shows 18 GB RAM.
I don't use docker, but I do use MailPlus, Office, Drive and Photo, etc.

After some research I found that the disclaimer message of 7.1 (before installing) stating that it was going to install beta versions of Drive Server and Office was wrong. It does not install any beta software.

So I launched the update. Took 25 minutes. Then another 20 minutes to update the cluster package (SHA) to the latest version.

Everything went well.

So, 1513+ upgraded to 4Gb (with non Synology memory modules) works fine. I was a bit afraid that moving from 6.2 to 7.x could lead to a loss of performances for this old NAS. I was wrong. Globally, performances where boosted for GUI Dsm operations and pretty the same or a bit better for all the other parts (SMB, Docker, Drive…).

In case someone is interested, in 7.1 final, the package IDrive is not working anymore (vers. 2022.01.11).

This is the error:

IDrive App has been stopped in Synology Package Center​

I just had the iDrive folks poke around on the my NAS and the update seems to have stripped permissions from the directory where I drive was installed. First they thought it was corrupted index.php files but the permissions seemed to be overridden by the update. I am testing out a few backups before I say this is resolved but right now I can get into the web ui and my job's are listed.

UP 1 got pushed today:

(2022-04-27)

Important Note

1. The update is expected to be available in all regions shortly. If you want to update your DSM to this version now, please click here.
  2. This update will restart your Synology NAS.
  3. If users' Synology NAS aren't connected to the Internet, they must download SMB Service 4.10.18-0434 from the Download Center and manually install it after the DSM update to make sure the package functions properly. Note: Before users install SMB Service 4.10.18-0434, the package and its dependent package, Synology Directory Server, will be deactivated.
Fixed Issues

1. Fixed an issue where users couldn't upload files to DSM via the Finder on macOS Big Sur 11.
  2. Fixed multiple security vulnerabilities regarding Netatalk (CVE-2022-0194, CVE-2022-23121, CVE-2022-23122, CVE-2022-23123, CVE-2022-23124, CVE-2022-23125).

Fixed multiple security vulnerabilities regarding Netatalk (CVE-2022-0194, CVE-2022-23121, CVE-2022-23122, CVE-2022-23123, CVE-2022-23124, CVE-2022-23125).
For those wondering if they need to take the plunge because of security patches...
Netatalk is a free, open-source implementation of the Apple Filing Protocol.

So I'm guessing that if you haven't enabled the AFP file sharing service in Control Panel then you have some time to see if this patch is worth it. And even less so if you don't have users on macOS Big Sur (the previous major version) who need to upload files ... using Finder to DSM web drag-and-drop or file selection sheet [e.g. manual package update]?? I don't have a problem using Finder and and SMB mount.

With this version seems that if using Surveillance Station 9.0 beta you need to install Surveillance Station version 9.0.0-7627 first. Where is this version? Synology support haven't got a clue.

Edit: Answer is to uninstall existing beta version of SS keeping settings & data. Then install DSM7.1-42661- Finally, re-install current SS beta. Everything will be as it was originally..
Thanks for this snippet, I was putting off 7.1 because I was running SS9 Beta

OK thanks. I think I know how it got there. I ran Transmission for a day or two, while I thought there was an issue with Download Station. But the issues originated from elsewhere so I uninstalled transmission again.

I just had the iDrive folks poke around on the my NAS and the update seems to have stripped permissions from the directory where I drive was installed. First they thought it was corrupted index.php files but the permissions seemed to be overridden by the update. I am testing out a few backups before I say this is resolved but right now I can get into the web ui and my job's are listed.
Hi there. Would you mind providing the details on how I could try updating the permissions as you mentioned? I too have the same issue where iDrive is reporting "IDrive App has been stopped in Synology Package Center" after I upgraded to 7.1. I'm not super linux savvy, so any extra details on specifically the command lines I should enter would be appreciated. Thx!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.