1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
(2022-04-27)
Important Note

1. The update is expected to be available in all regions shortly. If you want to update your DSM to this version now, please click here.
  2. This update will restart your Synology NAS.
  3. If users' Synology NAS aren't connected to the Internet, they must download SMB Service 4.10.18-0434 from the Download Center and manually install it after the DSM update to make sure the package functions properly. Note: Before users install SMB Service 4.10.18-0434, the package and its dependent package, Synology Directory Server, will be deactivated.
Fixed Issues

1. Fixed an issue where users couldn't upload files to DSM via the Finder on macOS Big Sur 11.
  2. Fixed multiple security vulnerabilities regarding Netatalk (CVE-2022-0194, CVE-2022-23121, CVE-2022-23122, CVE-2022-23123, CVE-2022-23124, CVE-2022-23125).

Last edited:
I guess that's why I've bought the 'experimental' 720+ !!

When I went to manually update it... It is already warning me the update is released! so did automatic update instead of manual....
No. It's being pushed to all NAS's here... Only Mac's is iPhone & iPad... But... With the amount of CVE's addressed... How long to wait? PS: Update Cleanly updated SMB also.. (Cache Advisor Analysis will have to be stopped to update: doing 2nd 720+)
By the end of the day, all were updated.

I often wonder what their definition of "shortly" is. Took several weeks before being notified of the previous update. I know they stagger the release, but you would think if they are fixing security vulnerabilities, they would push them out faster.

No update here yet either!

This feels like classic A/B testing to me using an offering to a small 'regional' subset for auto updating. Of course you can download it for manual testing (if you wish), it's only fair lol

As I've come to find, running CMS often finds updates before the respective NAS's own Control Panels/Package Centers. And sometimes different NAS find the updates in Control Panel/Package Center while others on the same LAN do not. Weird.

I've manually updated each NAS using the 4MB patch updater. After that each then needed to repair SMB package.

Last edited:
After you update to Update 1……
Kindly check your firewall settings…..
On each NAS here, a new entry was added. At the time, I left it alone, but today looked deeper into each entry—they are different enough that I'm leaving them all.
??

Last edited:
I manually upgraded my DS 918+ earlier last week from 6.2.4 25556-Update 5 > 7.0.1-42661 Update 3 and today I made the jump from 7.0.1-42661 Update 3 > 7.1 42661-Update 1 which worked quite nicely.

For posterity I will mention that (because I do not run a vanilla installation);

• VMM USB Passthrough for my Texas Instruments CC2531 dongle is still functional on both 7.01 and 7.1 as the drivers are supplied by the OS in the VM.
  • My M.2 drive that was formatted and assigned a regular BTRFS volume (not set up as a cache device) still works. I use this volume for my virtual machines and Docker containers.
  • Synology Office needed another reboot before it would auto-update the package
  • AME 2.0 did not authorize the codec license until I temporarily disabled Pi-Hole

ps. Does anyone know which FQDN needs to be whitelisted for the AME authorization? (I unfortunately missed them in the Pi-Hole query log)

Just updated my DS1821+ to DSM 7.1-42661 Update 1 (From 7.0.something) without issue.
Running
  • 2 x (non Syno) 16GB Integral (IN4V16GEELSX) RAM (no Memory warning .......... so far!)
  • 2 x (non syno) 1TB WD RED SN700 NVMe as the SSD Cache (you do get a warning you are not using the Syno NVMe's)
  • 1 x CP210x UART Bridge - Silicon Labs (USB to serial UART) as pass through serial port to a Virtual Windows Machine
  • 2 x Docker containers
  • 2 x VM (one windows , one linux based)
I was running Surveillance Station 9 beta on 7.0 , so on someone elses advice i uninstalled that first leaving the licences and configuration , updated the NAS to DSM 7.1-42661 Update 1 and then reinstalled SS9Beta once all the update was done (choosing the same volumes as previously ) and that all worked without issues ad the licences and configuration etc was all preserved.

The SSD cache i had allocated to a single Voume under v7.0 (which is all you can do) but in 7.1 you can carve the cache up allocating chunks into groups to use across different volumes which is what I wanted to try and a driver fo going to 7.1 so while i doubt it would have affected the update at all i did unallocate the read/write cache from my volume (waiting for it to complete) before i upgraded and have been able to re allocate it using Cache Groups across several volumes now its at DSM 7.1

Hope thats useful info for someone

After you update to Update 1……
Kindly check your firewall settings…..
On each NAS here, a new entry was added. At the time, I left it alone, but today looked deeper into each entry—they are different enough that I'm leaving them all.
??
It either sounds like you added your NAS' to CMS and have set a firewall policy or the reinstallation of a package or one of its dependencies and is trying to add a firewall rule that it can no longer see on the All Interfaces entry (have you by any chance created a bonded device or moved the rules to a specific network interface?)

No... It added 2 rules to old 720+, one to 718+, and one to new 720+
However, it ceased CMS, and then Reinstalled it again after update... Would that account for this?
EDIT. (I account for one in old 720+ Drive Server was added by me..)
I apprached Support on it, and they suggested determining what is in each, create a rule with all of them, then delete the individuals.. but didn't indicate why I was seeing them....

No... It added 2 rules to old 720+, one to 718+, and one to new 720+
However, it ceased CMS, and then Reinstalled it again after update... Would that account for this?
EDIT. (I account for one in old 720+ Drive Server was added by me..)
I apprached Support on it, and they suggested determining what is in each, create a rule with all of them, then delete the individuals.. but didn't indicate why I was seeing them....
What are the rules that were added?

Last edited:
old 720+ (Upgraded from V6)
Drive Server in one separate rule (Allow)
Management UI (2) and Encrypted Terminal (Allow) that were already in existing rule right below it...

New 720+ (V7 only)
Win File Server, Win DIscovery (2) SS (2), Visual Station (Allow) (Added -- None of these were in Existing rule below it...)

old 718+ (Upgraded from V6)
Win File Server, Win DIscovery (2) (Allow) (Added -- None of these were in Existing rule below it...)

I just finished creating one rule with all the others within it, placed at top of others, and disabled others... If all works fine in a few days, will delete the disabled rules...

By the way, there is a post at other site indicating this same thing happening.... Regarding SS... Ceasing to work via remote connection after Update
Everything seems to work fine, prior to, and after adding my 'new' Rule, and after disabling old rules...

Just a heads up that a update to WebStation today to version 310-0339 has broke the iDrive app. When trying to use it's UI a error 503 is returned. I have sent a support ticket into iDrive, and this is just 4 days after getting the iDrive app to work after the 7.1 update.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.