DSM Update Version: 7.2-64561

Currently reading
DSM Update Version: 7.2-64561

After upgrading to 7.2 my DS920+ always reports a bad shutdown and starts scrubbing when shutting down automatically using power schedule... manual shutdown works...

Last edited:
I plan on 7.2 upgrade on experimental 720+ later in week. Not for 7.2 features, but 7.2 security upgrades.
My “Experimental” 720+:
2 drive TimeTec SSD SHR (Not supported)
1 SSD drive (micron MX300) in Esata external enclosure (Not supported)
10GB RAM: 2+ 8GB TimeTec (Not supported)
2x Seagate M2 NVME as R/W caches (Supported)
My useage:
General file storage
Shared Folder Sync to & from 2 other NAS’s (7.1-5)
DS CAM, DS FILE, DS FINDER, operation
No plans to use any of the new 7.2 features.

Did anyone go for the upgrade who runs WebStation?
You mean...?

I've an open ticket regarding why my Perl CGI scripts only work in the default host, not virtual hosts. I've temporarily done a fix in Apache 2.4 config files used by Web Station.

Last edited:
Installed 7.2 on experimental NAS on system described above.
ALL APPS as listed above OK.
Letting time go by before checking shared folder sync in 7.2 from 7.1-5 systems, and 7.1-5 systems from 7.2 system.
Checked an hour later: Both SFS Directions working! So far so good

Oh yes, the root script file to remove active insight from 7.1-5 works in 7.2

PS: I upgraded to 7.2 Not for new 7.2 Features, but The Security fixes!!

The psychological games have started! You both have made convincing opening bluffs, but someone will break eventually :D
Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 16.05.15.png

I finally broke down when NAS kindly informed me that there was an update to 7.2.

All went fine on DS720+ (straight to DSM Update - Version: 7.2-64570 Update 1). My other NAS DS418play has not notified me of the update, so I will wait.

Last edited:
My other NAS DS418play has not notified me of the update, so I will wait.
Not sure if this still applies for update 1, but on the base 7.2 GA release, certain models won’t get the update notification. I haven’t manually updated my Ds718+ to see if this eventually changes. Also don’t know if this is just incapable of the notification or is there still some things they need to work out on these models.

9. For the models below, you can only download the upgrade patch from Synology Download Center because you won't receive notifications for this update on your DSM.

Last edited:
Updated one of our DS920+ to DSM 7.2-64570 Update 1 (Release notes) this morning after receiving notice from the server the upgrade was available for that device. The update pushed Synology Office and Photos to be installed. These packages were on our list for testing & evaluation so I went ahead and let the 7.2 update bring those along. During the update process a notice appeared at about 60% through the 10-minute timer that 21 of our Synology packages installed on that server would also be updated; it handled that automatically as part of the OS update process, then restarted.

Afterwards, WebDAV Server was flagged for repair and Node.js v12 was flagged to be uninstalled as no longer supported. Those were handled manually without a hitch.

No issues seen yet.

DSM did post this notification to its home page:
"The recent DSM update repaired the incompatibility of the following packages: Active Backup for Business, Advanced Media Extensions, Antivirus Essential, Central Management System, Hyper Backup, Log Center, Node.js v18, PDF Viewer, PHP 7.3, PHP 7.4, Perl, Replication Service, Storage Analyzer, Synology Application Service, Synology Chat Server, Synology Drive Server, Text Editor, exFAT Access."

UPDATES ON DETAILS
Our second DSM 920+ just came up for the DSM 7.2-64570 Update 1 and these details are more accurate, if interested.

1. As is normal with DSM updates, the update advises the user it will reboot the server and this may take up to 10-minutes, at which time it then displays a countdown timer. At about 6:59 left (or just as 7:00 drops) the view changes to the updating now incompatible packages.
  2. After the updates are finished, the system then offers to install Synology Office and Synology Photos; this is not required and can be refused by the user.
  3. A notice is registered in DSM which is later visible as a red dot on the notice icon in the UR corner of DSM regarding WebDAV.
  4. DSM > Main Menu > Package Center displays a red dot indicating attention needed; WebDAV displays a red dot with an exclamation point indicating that package is stopped.
  5. Going to Package Center > Installed shows repair needed to WebDAV & offloading of Node.js v12 needed. Clicking Repair or Repair All repairs WebDAV then brings up Node.js v12 and offers the user the option to uninstall or retain the now-unsupported version 12.
  6. Photos sticks a shortcut on the DSM Home Page that is easily removed via right-click.

Not sure if this still applies for update 1, but on the base 7.2 GA release, certain models won’t get the update notification. I haven’t manually updated my Ds718+ to see if this eventually changes. Also don’t know if this is just incapable of the notification or is there still some things they need to work out on these models.

9. For the models below, you can only download the upgrade patch from Synology Download Center because you won't receive notifications for this update on your DSM.
Ah, I read sloppily. Thanks, Gerard.

Last edited:
CAVEAT

The DSM 7.2x update appeared to flag some packages for updating along with it's own, a seemingly pretty routine thing for these. What I missed in the process was that it also asked permission to install five Beta packages. These are production servers and, you guessed it, I just breezed it — oops. Worse, it took quite awhile to catch my error. We do not run any Beta software on production units; I even wrote the policy! :oops:

Long story short, the Beta software was incompatible with some running software which then got auto-disabled. Some of the Beta software could be removed and the GR software reinstalled, some from the Package Center and some from Synology's web site. One of the packages, Hyper Backup, will require close attention to avoid hosing existing backups and days, if not weeks, of repair. Either that or leave well enough alone as it appears to be working OK. Right now, option #2 is in the lead.

I'm drinking a lot less coffee nowadays.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.