DSM Update Version: 7.2-64561

Currently reading
DSM Update Version: 7.2-64561

Yep, runs my forum etc ... So yeah I'll hold of!
I see no reason to hold back on the other hand. The issue that Magic had was on a unsupported implementation. That was expected to happen. In terms of a default official volume configuration, there should be no issue at all. I haven't had any problems as well if that helps. Also, backup is your friend.

Can you confirm the version of Docker engine? Agree with general consensus, security updates are nice but also version of Docker is seriously outdated...
Code:
Server:
 Engine:
  Version:          20.10.23
  API version:      1.41 (minimum version 1.12)
  Go version:       go1.19.1
  Git commit:       5fcb1cf
  Built:            Wed May 17 10:59:00 2023
  OS/Arch:          linux/amd64
  Experimental:     false
 containerd:
  Version:          v1.6.15
  GitCommit:        b23a389d8c181697302d163356e97dec04eb8d88
 runc:
  Version:          v1.1.4
  GitCommit:        5af893d
 docker-init:
  Version:          0.19.0
  GitCommit:        ed96d00

Updated DS920+ to 7.2 from 7.1. Fast and uneventful, I only had to remove manually 2 obsolete packages (node and PHP versions). Everything works as it did.

Created a new container that was planning to incorporate with the new container manager using a docker-compose file. This is a very nice addition, it detects the file on folder and if you make changes on the app they are done on the file too. Will be migrating the rest of containers (all docker compose) to this system so I can manage without having to connect through ssh.

I see no reason to hold back on the other hand. The issue that Magic had was on a unsupported implementation. That was expected to happen. In terms of a default official volume configuration, there should be no issue at all. I haven't had any problems as well if that helps. Also, backup is your friend.

Okay .... I'll look to update ASAP. Backup? I do backup what I can :) I'm in fear of a failure and having to rebuild though.

Does anyone use WebStation? If so were there any issues with it after the update?

Just noticed this in the update notes for the latest Container Manager. Not sure if this affects you but could be one reason of reports regarding Web Station.

1685009582200.png

Last edited:
It shouldn't as I use WebStation natively and don't use Docker at all.

I am going to wait until the NAS tells me the update is out though. Just checked and at the moment it reckons it's up to date. :)

Code:
Server:
 Engine:
  Version:          20.10.23
  API version:      1.41 (minimum version 1.12)
  Go version:       go1.19.1
  Git commit:       5fcb1cf
  Built:            Wed May 17 10:59:00 2023
  OS/Arch:          linux/amd64
  Experimental:     false
 containerd:
  Version:          v1.6.15
  GitCommit:        b23a389d8c181697302d163356e97dec04eb8d88
 runc:
  Version:          v1.1.4
  GitCommit:        5af893d
 docker-init:
  Version:          0.19.0
  GitCommit:        ed96d00
How disappointing, they're still way behind. Thought they'd have better things to do than to change the name and icons around, wishful thinking...

Last edited:
I won’t be able to try 7.2 for 2 weeks
But my usage is such that hopefully everything I use will work. I’ll be able to test iPhone APPS & Shared folder Sync Transfers between 7.2 & 7.1 and visa-Versa, as well as SS & it’s Apps.
But I’m waiting the the “two” to post they did it. And their results on the more complex operations.
Maybe they need ‘experimental NAS’s’ too!
I’m self taught: I bought an experimental unit to test ‘things’ on one that doesn’t affect our main units: Everything appears to work smoothly with what I’ve fully tested on ‘Experimental’.
So I don’t make mistakes on basic stuff: my wife thinks I know what I’m doing.

Not sure this is thew 'right 'place to ask this but I updated to 7.264561. Thought I made the correct changes to Apple SMB. I am able to go to Apple Finder> Go to Server> smb://BucklandManor._smb._tcp.local when I am in my home network but I am on the road today and it is not connecting to Home server? Neither is my iPad nor iPhone. So I assume it must have been when I changed to only SMB?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.