1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
(2023-06-19)

Important notes​

1. Your Synology NAS may not notify you of this DSM update because of the following reasons. If you want to update your DSM to this version now, please click hereto update it manually.
    • Your DSM is working fine without having to update. The system evaluates service statuses and system settings to determine whether it needs to update to this version.
  2. Depending on your Synology NAS model, this update will restart the device.

Fixed Issues​

1. Fixed an issue where Btrfs volumes might not be able to run volume optimization successfully.
  2. Fixed an issue where drive replacement might not work properly for SHR storage pools.

Last edited:
Loaded on Experimental 720+... I'm finding that 7.2-1 fixes the occasional DS FINDER (Incorrect) Abnormal Storage Report

I've tested it successfully with DS FILE, DS CAM, DS FINDER, DRIVE, and External 3rd Party Esata drives

Loaded -1 on both 720+'s... And another round of DS FINDER tests looking for Abnormal Storage Requests... Both 720+ now does not ever burp with DS FINDER... !! Then 718+ after reading following post. !!

PS: This version still see's 10GB Ram 2+8=10 (The first 7.2, (recalled Version) saw: 2+8=6 !!)

This seems like it may fix and prevent a very real and catastrophic problem and as such could be a really much more critical update, see here:

I tried updating our FS2500 cluster, it downloads OK but then after applying I get
ScreenShot 2023-06-27 at 10.05.16.png

How can I fix this? Te previous 2 7.1.1 updates went just fine.

Was feeling frisky tonight, so I decided to upgrade. Happy to report it went fairly smooth:

• Hardware = DS1618+ with 16gb RAM (3rd party). 5 x 8TB on SHR. 1 x 256 SSD for drive cache.
  • DSM upgrade took about 15 min followed by upgrade of 30 app packages that took another 35 min. Post upgrade had to manually uninstall old versions of JS and PHP. Had to manually upgrade Python2.
  • All Synology packages (Drive, Surveillance, Download, Photos, Hyper Backup) all working fine.
  • I'm running close to 30 docker containers. I use combination of Portainer stacks and Compose to manage/start/stop containers, no issues post upgrade. I won't be using Container Manger.
  • I was running the current version of docker compose (2.20.2) prior to upgrade. DSM upgrade reverted compose back to version 2.9.0, grrr. Had to manually upgrade back to current version.
  • Docker engine now at 20.10.23 which is still way behind current version, disappointing

DSM feels snappy and dare I say a touch snappier than before. All in all a good experience so far...

Last edited:
Been at 7.2-1 for a little over a month on 2x 720+ & a 718+

Actually, 718+ does more hard work than 720+’s do.

I’m not a power user, but can say ‘No Problems’ with 7.2-1

718+ & one 720+ have 6GB RAM & Ironwolf’s as SHR.
Other 720+ has 10GB RAM & SSD’s as SHR.

PS TO THIS: I am Not using any of the 7.2 specific new features.

7.2U1 has been pretty good. The only note is SMB. The SMB package that came with the 7.2U1 had a big bug. They soon released an SMB update that apparently fixed the bug. Make sure to get that update if you use SMB. I use AFP so it was irrelevant.

Just upgraded to 7.2 U1. Is it mandatory to update SMB package manually or does the current update already include the latest SMB update?

The package manager does not show any available updates right now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.