Very slow (unuseable) Win10 interface/web station access to DSM 6.2 through openvpn connect 3.3

Currently reading
Very slow (unuseable) Win10 interface/web station access to DSM 6.2 through openvpn connect 3.3

NAS
DS218j
Operating system
  1. Windows
Hi there,

my Openvpn connections work like a breeze but after that, nothing goes.
What could be the cause? Should I go with an older Connect client?
I read everything I could but there's not much on this topic.

Here the curious diagnosis details:

I can connect to the same DSM 6.2 NAS and web application with no lag through my old Win7 machine per OPENVPN GUI client. The connection totally stalls on my newly setup WIN10 machine though -

On the other hand, I can connect with no lag to another NAS with DSM 7 over OPENVPN 3.3 with that same Win10 machine.

Cheers in advance...
Christo

Solution
<<<<< SOLVED >>>>>

OK so I decide to solve this by myself accordingly. Synology did offer me to go check within my enterprise NAS but asked me to make them an admin account ... err, no go.

I uninstalled connect 3.3 and and put an old version with TAP 6 msi installer of OPENVPN 2.5 GUI. You guessed it, it now works perfectly.

What happened though is that windows firewall asked for a waiver, which it definitely didn't for the 3.3 connenct version. Thus an OPENVPN issue.

Cheers
Last edited:
<<<<< SOLVED >>>>>

OK so I decide to solve this by myself accordingly. Synology did offer me to go check within my enterprise NAS but asked me to make them an admin account ... err, no go.

I uninstalled connect 3.3 and and put an old version with TAP 6 msi installer of OPENVPN 2.5 GUI. You guessed it, it now works perfectly.

What happened though is that windows firewall asked for a waiver, which it definitely didn't for the 3.3 connenct version. Thus an OPENVPN issue.

Cheers

Upvote 0
Solution

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.