Video Station at Synology RT2600AC

Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Dear Friends,

I have Synology RT2600AC router. I've connected USB HDD and installed Media Station.
Everything works excellent, but I need Video Station as well to see thumbnails for video files through DLNA.
I tried to manually install different Video Station packages from Synology archives but no luck.

Could you please help me to solve such problem and have Video Station at my router?

Thank you for advance.

You cant run it on the router

Media Server provides a DLNA/UPnP server, as you know, and that's all the media services that the RT2600ac [currently, ever?,] supports. Here's the list of add-on packages for the RT2600ac...

You cant run it on the router

Could you please advice how? I can't find a link to package download.
-- post merged: --

Media Server provides a DLNA/UPnP server, as you know, and that's all the media services that the RT2600ac [currently, ever?,] supports. Here's the list of add-on packages for the RT2600ac...
Understand. I thought it has more NAS features... Thumbnails are important for me.

By the way - is there an alternative way to generate thumbnails for video files without Video Station?

I rum Media Server on DSM NAS not on the SRM router but from looking at the available features on DSM there are some tat may work, though will probably depend on your DLNA/UPnP receiver/player.

Browsing Settings -> Display cover image for audio/video files should send image information to the player. If you store a cover image in the same folder then you can specify the file names that should be looked for.

I only use Media Server for music (having created my own DMA menu style to block photos and videos). My music files all have embedded artwork and the DLNA/UPnP receivers I use get this cover image without having a separate jpeg.

DMA Compatibility -> Device List can be used to set the Profile for each receiver device. Whenever I adjusted this I've never been sure if it makes a difference or not.

I rum Media Server on DSM NAS not on the SRM router but from looking at the available features on DSM there are some tat may work, though will probably depend on your DLNA/UPnP receiver/player.

Browsing Settings -> Display cover image for audio/video files should send image information to the player. If you store a cover image in the same folder then you can specify the file names that should be looked for.

I only use Media Server for music (having created my own DMA menu style to block photos and videos). My music files all have embedded artwork and the DLNA/UPnP receivers I use get this cover image without having a separate jpeg.

DMA Compatibility -> Device List can be used to set the Profile for each receiver device. Whenever I adjusted this I've never been sure if it makes a difference or not.
Thank you for your answer. The problem that Media Station doesn't generate thumbnails itself at all.
It uses thumbnails generated by Video Station. If no Video Station, Media Station sends to TVs a standard thumbnail for all video files.
So Video Station generates thumbnails, Media Station reads them and sends through DLNA to TVs.
I got such answer from Synology support.
Plus I did many tests with my Synology NAS and only Video Station can generate thumbnails.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.