NAS
DS218+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi everyone!

I have a problem when adding movies in the latest DSM version. After upgrading to 7.0 and adding the API key to incorporate metadata, I was able to add new files, but it suddenly stopped after one week or so. Since then, the indexing seems to have stopped working. Any new files that I add do not appear at all, despite forcing the indexing process manually.
I also tried changing the name of that folder, and I noticed that the metadata of the movies was still there, but obviously the movies could not be played since it did not locate its folder on the disk. Worse still, moving totally the movies to a new folder doesn't work.
After many attempts, I have chosen to remove the above metadata and completely uninstall Video Station. But after reinstalling, it doesn't work either even though I restored the previous setup (folder names, basically). Indexing again from scratch doesn't add any movies to my collection. It is totally blank! What could be happening?
As a curiosity, when I access the NAS server directly from the TV (without using the video station app), the structure of the folders in which I can navigate is still the one before any folder name change, as it had been anchored to a previous point. I do not know if it may be related, but I prefer to comment on it.
Any suggestion? I dont't know how to continue and consider using an alternative program.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi @belenos, also me after upgrading to DSM 7 I had issue with Video Station indexing, but after around 5 days, it restart to work normally.

My suggestion is to open "Storage Manager" and check if there is any operation running. If yes, I think that the NAS need to finish those operations before to do others staff, like video indexing.

I'm not sure if there are others intensive operations running after the upgrade to DSM 7, that may prevent for some days the Video Station indexing, but is possible.

Did you also check if under your library folder, do you still have the search for video info enabled with the language specified?

library.png

I also seen that the DS video app of Google TV, not always is updated when there are huge changes. On these case is necessary to logoff and login again, to update the libraries on the device.

DS Video is half baked at best. You will be better off finding another front end client for Library management/playback. This could be Plex, Kodi, or Emby on a Roku, AMZ stick/cube, or an Nvidia Shield...

Hi all! As an update on this mysterious matter, I can confirm that it has been finally solved. I don't know how or why, but after trying the possible solutions suggested in this thread with no success, I opted to enable the power schedule management, programming more frequent shutdowns and restarts. And it seems to have worked! VideoStation has finally re-indexed and added metadata as it always did. Thank you all and I hope it helps anyone with a similar problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.