This morning I got a Synology email that had a list of updates from the past couple of months. 'OK', I think, 'will check if there are any updates that Package Center has forgotten to tell me about'. And so I see VS v2.4.8 is listed, newer than my v2.4.7. When checking I find it's now v2.4.9 and adds configuring for tag sources: this sounds useful cos TVDB hasn't always been as good for me as MovieDB. So I do a manual update.Version: 2.4.9-1626
- Supports configuring the information sources with the Video Info Auto Search feature.
- Fixed the issue where videos played via a public sharing link might be stuck in the loading status during video playback.
- Fixed the issue where the scrollbar on the TV Show page might disappear when the page is refreshed.
- Minor bug fixes.
Turns out this new feature is actually removing the built-in use of Synology's API keys for these services and now you have to create an account at each and request an API key yourself. Easy enough to do except adding in my TVDB API key doesn't pass the test; MovieDB API key test works.
If you're struggling to know what to do Synology have added a guide: How to apply for an API key required for the Video Info Auto Search feature. They have helpfully left their API keys visible.... and they work
- TVDB: 1e4302d517e953bcfe7b12a61fe2f2f8
- MovieDB (TMDB): 109040fd04abad3bc1c69708cc998a01