Currently reading
Vinyl decals for D6 drive trays

NAS
DS418play
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I recently acquired a vinyl cutter and on a whim thought I'd cut some decals to cover the fronts of the D6 disk trays in my DS418play, shared the result with others and figured I'd share the result here, too. The decals don't really serve any purpose beyond being a novelty, and I just like orange and black.

If you'd like a set for yourself, head on over to my Etsy store. I can make them in a few different colours, and change the text or add other artwork. I'm open to ideas.

Again, these are only meant to fit the flat-front D6 drive trays like those found on the DS418play and other models. I don't currently have access to any other tray sizes or types.

And yes, I know the numbering should or shouldn't start at 00, so you get to choose either 01 or 00 to match your preference.

Attachments

• kkA8OOINS7mO27rC2QOOBg.jpg
    kkA8OOINS7mO27rC2QOOBg.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 22
Very good idea for those that have their NAS in their living room or a bookself.

I don't know the cost or if they can be custom made, but another idea it would be to resemble the spine of books, inside a self.

edit
now I saw the cost, reasonable,
maybe custom made pictures is not an option, but some preprinted from you, like books or sth else wouldn't be difficult

I haven't tried cutting on preprinted vinyl, but it is certainly doable. The cost would be more as there is substantial wasted material because the cutting machine requires a large area to grip, space for registration marks, etc. It's on my to-do list and I hope to get there in a week or so.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.