virtual host port base not working with reverse proxy on firewall

NAS
ds920+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I am trying to host at least one wordpress website from synology.

I've got ports 443 on my router (pfsense) busy routing other services from my nas with HAproxy handling and the reverse proxy certs etc... every other service works fine except when I try to add a wordpress website to it

I figure I needed a port base virtual host instead of a domain base (as port 443 is in use) but for the life of me I cant get it to work...

I think there's something to do with the install of wordpress/webstation itself as BEFORE wordpress is actually installed I can access the install page from outside my network with no problems at all with SSL certificates and everything ... its only when I actually install and wordpress(5min install page) and configure the website the whole thing disappears...

ANY HELP IS APRECIATED!

I used this tutorial for the wordpress/webstation/mariadb install.

Successfully install WordPress on Synology NAS (part 3) - Storage Alchemist

Hi, no I didn't try it using docker, I was told by this guy (below link) that it is not a good idea somehow. I don't know much about it but if you can point me to some helpful material (tutorial) in that direction I sure will give it a try

Another thought I had was to just VM the entire hosting.. not sure what the pros and con are...

Upvote 0
Hi, no I didn't try it using docker, I was told by this guy (below link) that it is not a good idea somehow. I don't know much about it but if you can point me to some helpful material (tutorial) in that direction I sure will give it a try

Another thought I had was to just VM the entire hosting.. not sure what the pros and con are...

Not sure why docker would not be a valid option, maybe that guy has more insight into it.

In any case if you haven’t used Docker before then it’s not like you can judge if it is or not a good solution for your case.

Try it out and test it before you dismiss it.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.