NAS
RS3621xs+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hello,
unfortunately, our router doesn't support Openvpn and for some users in our building I need to configure this protocol, so I configured the VPN server on the synology. The problem is that in our building we are 3 distinct companies, using the same (physical) network infrastructure. For the LAN it was easy to set 3 vlans and isolate them (by physical port), but when a user connects through Synology I don't know how I could manage that a certain VPN user can access only a certain VLAN. Is there any workaround for this situation with Synology?
Thank you!

Trying to understand what network topology you have.

The problem is that in our building we are 3 distinct companies, using the same (physical) network infrastructure. For the LAN it was easy to set 3 vlans and isolate them (by physical port), but when a user connects through Synology I don't know how I could manage that a certain VPN user can access only a certain VLAN
You have a LAN environment of switches (and maybe WLAN APs) that are physically used in a multi-tenant setup. Separation between tenants is achieved through VLANs on the LAN hardware, such that physical Ethernet ports and WiFi connections will be assigned to one tenant's VLAN or another.

Here is where I'm not sure how the NAS is connected. Have you provided access to the NAS to each tenant? If so, how are you segregating each tenant from one another? Using vDSM for each tenant?

The NAS configuration is not ready yet, I'm still playing with different scenarios, but yes, vDSM is at this moment the solution towards which I tend

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back