vlookups with multiple tabs?

Currently reading
vlookups with multiple tabs?

NAS
DS220+
Operating system
  1. Linux
I was trying to write a vlookup today that referenced cells on a different tab, and everytime I would click on the other tab, the vlookup formula would disappear from the bar. With excel, it would stay up there and then enter in the tab's name into the formula with the cell name. Is there a way to do this?

Welcome to the forum.

I don't make a habit of using Synology Office but I do use Excel a lot at work, so I'm familiar with how in Excel you can start creating a formula in a cell and change sheet to select other cells and ranges.

I did a test in Synology Office (everything is latest versions on the NAS, DSM 7 etc, and macOS and Safari). Created a new spreadsheet with two sheets: one has the data table, the other for cells using the data table. When entering the formula in LOOKUP B2, I first wrote '=VLOOKUP(' <clicked A2> ',' then clicked DATA tab and selected the data table A2:B8. This worked as it does in Excel.

1676109451648.png
1676109422531.png

The only difference that I noticed was that I had also defined the data table as a named range. In Excel it usually changes the selected range to the defined name, if there is one. But in Synology Office it didn't. As I said, I don't really use it so there may be some thing I'm missing... such as where are names displayed after the are created?
1676109725626.png

Though it does work if I replace the explicit sheet/cell range with the named range.
1676110156879.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back